hit tracker

The Rant Thread Is Back! (Thank You GraVyBwoi)! =P

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by gDrive, Apr 10, 2012.

1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    LOL I can picture that right now. :p

On a serious note, I have never done that before lulz.

2. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    I ring my wife all the time... that count?

3. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

Oh man, No it doesn't, Actually,,,,,, no

One of my chunkafide co-workers has a habbit of talking to her dog over the phone, i'm talking about the same sought of person who is on the phone to home all day explaining where her family can find food.

Anyway, she was talking to "Molly" on the phone, I asked her, where you talking to your dog? She said yes, I told her I was considering resignation

4. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    It's official - your co-worker is a weirdo! :p

5. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

She just believes in things like ghosts, tabloids and cooking shows.

6. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Ghosts: That's subject to people's religious/super-natural beliefs

Tabloids/Cooking Shows: The former is a load of bullshit and the latter is for culinary fanatics, or in the case of Gordon Ramsay fanatics, is for homicidal weirdos that love to say "FUCKING HELL" until their counters break and go FUBAR! :p

7. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

I had and still have ZERO issues with Dongles and for that matter any modification device released. Cobra's dongle was meant to add functionality to the PS3 whilst the TB was used for playing newer games and both were and still are purchased due to most people do not mind spending money on something that serves a purpose that they can take advantage of. ODE devices like the WODE and XK3Y are new, but due to their design are hard to detect and also due to their nature serve a purpose. Right now the CFW scene is "STUCK" as only a few new users appear who have been able to find an older firmware PS3 or have purchased a board to downgrade. Finding a used PS3 with a exploitable firmware is something that people with a moderate skill set can accomplish, but finding a downgradable PS3 and soldering on a chip can only be down by real sceners. CFW is stuck because it's not making the scene grow due to it's limitations so we're all stuck with these CFW maniacs causing drama because they have nothing better to do. The 3K3Y is not much better as it per launch will require CFW to even install which in almost every situation I can see is not worth it - unless you are a reseller and want to give your customers something really easy to use and for the most part brick proof (we all know flashing CFW for your customers that most people also sell games to can be a pain when the customer farks their CFW).

If Cobra's ODE can be installed on any OFW then we'll see growth in the scene as most people who can't obtain CFW will be willing to purchase an ODE from an online store or from their local contacts (most people don't like the idea of opening their PS3 and you all know will pay you to do it for them). The end users who don't rely on 3rd parties and who have no clue sites like this exist won't flock to the scene, but sceners (you know, people who can take stuff apart and know which side of the soldering gun to hold) will flock to these mod sites to learn and purchase these ODE once they work on any OFW.

I'm sorry (not really), but flashing a CFW doesn't make you any sort of scener. You're like in pre-scene school. You've go end users, sceners, sceners who sell to end users, hackers, hardware producers and store owners. Okay, a bit off there.

Anyway, if this ODE works on OFW out-of-the-box then expect to see an influx of users as that would be a very viable product for people who have no problem spending money to get what they want. I should remind you that's 99% of true sceners.

8. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

What's your point exactly? I read through this whole mess waiting to get to the punchline and it never came. Just blah, blah, blah, cobra good, cfw dead, blah blah blah.....

No offense, please don't take it like that I just don't understand what you were trying to get across other than the obvious.

9. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    I agree with this for sure, and if Twinaphex wasn't banned, he'd tear brakk3n a new asshole once again with that bullshit attitude.

Oh and BTW brakk3n, you come across as a bit of a hypocrite when you complained about how Twinaphex/GreggyBoy "was immature" and yet, you're doing the same thing, albeit in a "snidey piece of shit"-esque manner.

Now, no more bullshittery/elitism please! :)

10. 182
    Kvass

Kvass Loyal Member

Twinaphex got banned?

11. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
  12. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

You've misunderstood. There is a hierarchy to the scene and just because you can flash CFW or use a FTP program doesn't make you a scener. If we're a family those types are infants and then there's kids, adults, grandparents, great grandparents .... I'm sick of every little bilbo thinking he's some sort of elite hacker due to the fact they could read a 5 line tutorial. To compound that afterwards they go on to act the fool and contribute nothing, but greaf to the scene.

Some people have earned their respect and trust and the title of scener and if you cannot see this then you've not been around long enough to know that. When you get a bit older and wiser you'll realize; that's if your still around in the years to come.

@MODERATORS - There's clearly a problem when you remove something I post and don't ask before hand or even notify me. Seems you don't care about your end user. Who's the elietest prick now?

13. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

I'm not being an elitist. So we're a family then? Would you let your infant drive your car? Would your infant have the skills to drive your car? There's a hierarchy and to deny this fact would be being delusional.

STOP FUCKING DELETING MY POSTS.

14. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

And just who in the fuck do you think you are? Why would a mod/admin of this site have to consult you prior to removing one/more of your posts?

I've seen some major bullshit from you but this takes the cake! Gdrive, show this bitch the door!

15. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

Stop being an idiot and your posts will remain. I've never had a post deleted here that didn't deserve it, in fact, I don't think I've ever had one deleted here! :p

BACK ON TOPIC. This is awesome news if what they say is true and there is no need for CFW to install their product. Brings a whole new market into the scene!

16. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

Most peoples views on my comments come from the perspective of a child or one who can just now legally buy booze so they cannot even understand what I'm talking about as they haven't been around enough to know.

However, if you do not need CFW for this ODE then expect a massive influx of users and a bunch of new installers popping up like Poppies in Afghanistan. I hope it does bring new people I'm sick of these same old bitter sceners ripping each other apart because of boredom. Plus, then I can review one :)

17. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

As the famous quote says, "Your ego's writing checks your body can't cash, son" (actually think it was "mouth" and not "ego" but you get my drift. This is not your house, not your rules, so respect the rules here and your posts will remain or don't respect them and gtfo. Choice is yours.

New people/new ways for anyone to join a scene in any way/shape/form is always a good thing, no matter what it is. It's just too bad that Cobra wouldn't do something open-source. Yes it still requires hardware and no, I'm not saying it because I don't think they deserve the money. I'm saying it because if it was open-source then it would be easily expanded on. I'm thinking kind of like the 360 scene. You still need a glitch chip to do an RGH but everything beyond that is open, even the config files for the glitch chip which have resulted in phenomenal timings for glitched machines.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic. Great work Cobra, keep it up!!

18. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

I wasn't aware anything I wrote broke any rules, but rules on scene forums are more like excuses that can be interpreted to excuse the moderators actions on an as-need basis. I don't like the fact I wasn't warned nor notified. That's all.

The XK3Y isn't open source in the limited way it could be. The only thing that you could possibly do with software for these ODE devices is release the source to their firmware which would open up a can of worms. Now, if you meant open-source in the terms of diagrams for the hardware and the source for it's firmware I doubt any company would do this as then it could be cloned by another and it would barely benefit the end user as only a few people I know (including myself) can etch out their own PCB and go from there. The ODE has to be hardware; so you won't be getting a piece of software open source or closed source that can do what the ODE does - period.

I agree with you that if ODE releases a glitcher that allowing the end user access to the code would help if Sony revised their hardware. That would be good!

19. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
  20. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

I meant more about the Cobra Dongle, not so much ODE devices as you are correct there.

As for the forums, any mod can delete anything they see fit. They don't have to check with you first or warn you, they simply hit the delete button. In this case G said multiple times enough with the off-topic talk and we both continued on. G was nice enough to move them into a whole different thread vs deleting them. You should be thanking him, not busting his chops. It's not his fault that you did not read/chose to ignore his posts, that is your own and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sorry G bout the off-topic. I'll try to keep myself in check, though it's a little difficult in certain situations.