hit tracker

The Rant Thread Is Back! (Thank You GraVyBwoi)! =P

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by gDrive, Apr 10, 2012.

1. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

Not every PS3 CFW user cheats in games. Just because I dislike PS3-CFW in it's current state doesn't mean I don't use it time to time (I like to stay semi-educated). If I dislike FPS on consoles doesn't mean I don't like and enjoy other genres. Have you used Origin/Steam? Doesn't a rant have some sort of minimum word count (as I wasn't "ranting").... Merry Christmas to you too ..!.

One thing though, I double checked my posts; I never claimed every CFW user cheats online....

2. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

You know what? There's shitloads of cheaters on XBL and we pay for that. So i've kind of given up caring

3. 171
    Rautz

Rautz Loyal Member

Super Villain
    How the fuck do some of these greasy teens get part time jobs?

I went to buy a remote yesterday for my PS3 and found out that a later version of the remote can also work on TVs which was a bonus since I was in need of buying a TV remote as well. I drove to the mall near my place and went to EBGames who were selling the remote in a bundle box with two bluray films. As I was standing in line I noticed the picture on the box showed the 1st revision of the remote just as the customer in front of me finished being served. So I asked the kid at the counter: "You guys got the newer version that works on TVs?", to which I was met with a reply along the lines of: "They're all the same sir." A little discussion between me and the kid on the remote, with me wagering in the end by saying: "Open the box and show me the power button that switches on the TV, if you can show me that button I'll buy at full retail instead of discounted price". Suffice to say after opening the box this kid then tries to tell me all remotes are the same and they only operate on PS3s what I was needing to find was a universal remote. Meh fucking prick. Next time use google on your fucking computer when a customer has question about shit you have no knowledge about.

My next stop was Dick Smith whose slogan is "Talk to the Techsperts" or something along those lines. I started making my way to the PS3 section when this little greasy fucker asks me if I need a hand, so since I'm already a bit agitated and cant be arsed looking through their shit for a remote I tell him what I need and made the big mistake of telling him my earlier encounter with EBGames. I get a response straight away "Oh yeah, I know about those remotes. We only have the old ones."

So I leave Dick Smith thinking oh well at least that was easy and head to JB HiFi where I find they dont have any remotes but they did actually know which stores had what remotes. The only one in the mall that had the Media/Blu Ray remote was a store called Dick Smi- Fuck I just come from there. The little greasy, freckle faced, brace wearing, pale ass skinned ginger didnt know what the fuck he was talking about... or did he? I walked back to the other end of the mall and decided to check for myself. Sure enough through the clear plastic I could see the device buttons which were not on the remote EB Games was selling. Talk to the Techperts they reckon!? Hmmph.

Are these kids here just to torture customers in malls? Ya know, get us to buy the wrong hardware, give us wrong info and shit so, when we get home to find out we were duped have to drive back to these stores and explain why we need a refund. Now that I think about some of these fuckers just outright lie just to make a fucking sale. Or maybe they are just too stupid and the bullshit they spout is due to their fucking stupidity. Maybe stores should give these kids some stuff to study up on and throw them little quizes. Full marks nets them a cash bonus or some shit like that. Better yet ask them relevant questions about what you're selling BEFORE FUCKING HIRING THEM. I dont give a shit about whether its someones first job. I know the rules, when you see a trainee badge next to the name tag you steer clear of that fucker cos 9 times out of 10 you are going to be waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

If internet shopping with stores in my country wasn't so piss poor I'd be all over it like a rash but the stores cant even get that right Eg. EBGames had a pre-owned PS3 remote for sale at $9. I thought "Great... Uh which store?". A few phone calls later(Yup their website doesnt tell you so you have to ring up!) I find out that this remote was sold a few weeks ago and the database wasn't updated. Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since the bloody Xmas sales are showing on their site. Maybe these little fuckers I've been dealing with in store have been also running the websites as well. Maybe these little fuckers are just trolling the shit out of all the customers for the holiday season. Wouldn't surprise since they all seem to congregate in one section of a store in a circle talking about god knows what, probably trolling strategies or how a customer they suckered still hasnt come back for a refund.

It wouldnt piss me off much if it wasnt the holiday period where it seems every person on the planet it shopping at the same mall that I'm at. Add to that the Xmas jingles playing over the sound system and hot chicks coming up to you(YAY!), only to ask you if you want to try out some moisturizing cream(DOH!), it gets pretty annoying.

Anyways I'm going to enjoy proper controls for my movies now and having the ability to switch my TV off from the comfort of my bed.

4. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Rautz
    ...and this is the exact same reason as to why I can't deal with most people on a face-to-face level and have a low tolerance level for stupid bullshit - too many conniving/bullshitting cocksuckers who have to audacity to turn around and spout shit out just so that they can laugh their ass off when you trip over the wrong wire when you just want to get some shit done or you just want something so badly that you're not in the mood for dumb bullshit.

5. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

It's almost xmas and everyone around me ia acting like tards. I don't want to make baby jesus cry, no, I just want to bomb churches and steal presents.

6. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    I hear ya rautz, we got them shops across the pond and they are useless.. every Harvey Norman etc with 20+ yr old people are useless. I Google for 5 minutes and I end up teaching them about their product!.They always bitch about buying local, well learn your fuckin product and I'll spend he extra $$s and buy local!!

7. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

^^ They just don't want to go above the award wages, I can't speak to anyone in EB or any store for that matter. I bought a gamepad pro for the wii u the other day in target. It took me 10 minutes to explain what it was and had to go behind the counter to get it myself.

8. 25,396
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Well I would not go that far.

Cyber does all the hard ground work, figures out the correct mapping for his REX v4.30 and bang less then 48 hours afterwards suprize, suprize, we have this one and Cobra updating...

But no one tweets about Rebug hard work on any of the other so-called 'scene sites' except for PSX-Scene, and yet everyone pats RogerO on the back on all the sites within hours after HIS release.

Sorry, just my 2 cents worth of ranting...

9. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Well, when I said KMEAW's spiritial successor, I meant that he fills the gap that KMEAW left open in terms of simple, minimalist CFW features that only have the IPF and the app_home mount features - but having said that, I do have to strongly agree with you in terms of what Cyberskunk has done, and how under-credited/under-rated Cyberskunk is, so yeah, Cyberskunk should be given A LOT MORE credit than what he is currently receiving, and the same goes for the other scene contributors, like flat_z, as Rogero has rightly pointed out, and others who I MAY NOT have mentioned here.

I'm also actually glad you have "ranted" on here regarding who is over-rated/under-rated et cetera (no sarcasm intended), because half of the time, people who DO the hard work gets less credit than the front-man/those who prostitute themselves, and that isn't restricted to this little "scene" here either. :)

10. 117
    realth

realth Loyal Member

Rogero CFW4.30 v2.05

* Changed the [app_home/PS3_GAME] IPF Name and Icon to show as "ToolBox" now so we don't have duplicate "IPF" entries on XMB.
    * Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content ( Credits to Team Rebug for the module )
    * Added the new patches that allowed the return of the Original "*Install Package Files" and "Install All Packages", Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
    * Updated Dean's "*Install Package files" (Toolbox in v2.05) on [app_home] to the latest version that doesn't requires additional HDD space or a PS3 Restart anymore.
    * All the previous features of version 2.03 are all preserved.

Code:
    http://ul.to/oc2chdfg

11. 68
    Rogero

Rogero Loyal Member

Well if you think that this release was based on latest Rebug release as you mentioned then let me tell you that you are completely wrong.

( no dis-respect here for Team Rebug, Cyberskunk is a well known dev and doing awesome job on Rebug PUPs )

This latest update was released only to add the new patches from Szalay and "hiddenMan" for the IPF sprx files, it have nothing to do with Team Rebug's release, also about the correct mapping for REX v4.30 I still didn't have the time to extract the latest Rebug PUP and check out the changes.

My CFW have its own patched LV1/LV2 which allowed the redirection of the new IPF to [app_home] when the Original IPF was still not possible to have,
    it have nothing used from Rebug's CFW except 1 file only which is "videoplayer_plugin.sprx" and this is simply the 4.30DEX version of the file that doesn't have the Cinavia protection,
    and I have Credited Team Rebug when I used this file.

* Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content ( Credits to Team Rebug for the module )

Also, if you really want to know who's the one missing some credits for the latest 4.30 lv1ldr/mappings/etc.... you can start by crediting "flatz"

12. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

You're all wrong. Mathieulh knew ALL OF THIS before anyone back in 1876 when people still rode on horses.

What we're all waiting for is a dual boot Rebug/Rogero called R2D2

13. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Senior Software Developer
    Home Page:
    http://www.gamesmarket.org
    Yea Rogero had did a hardwork also, no body could deny that Rebug Team are working hard all the time, but that does not mean that Rogero stole their work also :)
    Rebug team had a newer PKG and SPKG creation tools also, without it nobody could build a valid 3.60+ CFW that can be installed from XMB and Recovery and without need to downgrade back to 3.55 every time you want to install it.
    But there not share this tools, so i had worked hard to make this tool for my brother Rogero, and he had used it to generate his CFW.
    Also DeanK had helped him to do his job without any need to use Rebug patches or work.
    Both Rebug and Rogero are working hard all the time, so we must thank them all :)

14. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Sometimes not the greatest English makes beautiful poetry, "hardwork all over the time" :)

15. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Sorry PatrickBatman English is not my native language, my native language is Arabic :)

16. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

I know :) I was complimenting you anyway

17. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Thank you my friend about this :)

18. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Well said Rogero and like Abkarino said, all of the scene contributors deserve a big thank you for their efforts (YOU INCLUDED, especially when you're (in my opinion) now stepping in KMEAW's shoes for the simple CFW :p) and like GaryOPA hinted from his "rant", everyone deserves to be equally credited for their efforts, which is why I kinda thanked him for the "rant" - also, thanks for the heads up on flat_z (I can't believe his name slipped out of my mind), and I would like to apologize to anyone who I may have offended here.

LOL, go to http://engrish.com if you wanna have a laugh! :p

19. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    I do thank flatz.. Infact he gets my BIGGEST thanks.

I think GaryOpa is talking about the new undocumented function 114 (memory mapping) patch along with porting OtherOS and mapping the rest of the lv1 patches that the 'toolbox' uses which i sorted out myself.

Good job anyway mate.. :)

That is not how it happened mate.. At first when asked I explained to dean so he could pass it on to Rogero why his firmware would not install via XMB over 3.56+.

Then I asked if he knew anyone that had a spkg tool.. I would have shared my own spkg tool that I made myself but i did not hear back from them.

I think my words to dean were something like.. 'I will help him (rogero) with this so there is less confusion and a universal way of installing for the end-user'.

My point is.. Its not that I wouldn't share my tool (I have shared other tools I have modified/made with dean in the past) I just didn't get the chance!!.

Nice work on your own spkg tools to.. :)

20. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Right fellas - is there anything else you want to add to this little sub-topic here?

Well, anyway, whilst I must admit that Cyberskunk, Rogero, Abkarino, GaryOPA et al have drawn up some rather interesting points, I'm getting a tad concerned as to how this thread is panning out now, so I'll let you guys add some closing points to the contribution/crediting-themed sub-topic before I'll move them to the Rant Thread.