hit tracker

The Ultimate Emulators Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew Corner' started by mahfood1990, Apr 10, 2007.

1. 13
    skinsss

skinsss Loyal Member

HI, i just installed the snes emu and put the roms in the roms folder. i get the emu in my games folder and it starts to load up but then goes back to home sayin game cud not be started (80020148) any ideas as to where im goin wrong?

2. 19
    BloodyKaiser

BloodyKaiser Loyal Member

erm just asking around... is there any good working wii emulator yet? I heard from some people there are, yet other say there arent... anyone kind enough to give me some solid information? :D

3. 7
    Zeelia

Zeelia Loyal Member

Yaiy! It works =)

4. 1
    looseritous

looseritous Loyal Member

Help

Can some one please help me i have 5.00 m33-4 firmware and i would like to know were can i get on from and how to put it on my psp
    thanks

5. 4
    cnt_123

cnt_123 Loyal Member

The pandora battery allows a bricked or working PSP to have access to view and run the programs installed on the magic memory stick. Therefore, both the pandora battery and the magic memory stick are essential in unbricking or installing custom firmware on a PSP.

- Factory pre-modifed as Pandora battery
    - Works on both PSP 1000 (fat/phat) and PSP 2000 (slim) consoles
    - Comes with PSP fully compatible High Speed Memory Stock PRO Duo (4GB)
    - Everything included for bringing your bricked PSP back to life (except the magic stick PSP firmware, which is available for download for free via a Google search)
    - When plugged into an PSP, enables developer/recovery mode in PSP
    - Allows recovering from bad ROM flashes and other bricks

6. 91
    kkan

kkan Loyal Member

for PSP ?? ....your just joking aint you?

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

the Wii is FAR MORE POWERFUL than a humble PSP!

7. 11
    bloodfox

bloodfox Loyal Member

hi guys, my psp used to able to run the nes emulator without any problem, however ever since i update the firmware, it just wont work again :( hope you guys can help me out here.. thnx so much

8. 12
    Edificially

Edificially Loyal Member

yeah i have the same issue. i loaded from 3.40 OE-A to 5.00 M33-4. I formatted my memory card, reinstalled the snes emulator and put some ROMs in. Then when I start it, the emulator starts, but on the very beginning page where it has the text and you have to scroll down and press O to accept, it just constantly scrolls back up when I get to the bottom and won't let me push X or O. So I can't get past the first page...

I'm still looking around for fixes, but haven't found anything yet. Thanks.

9. 19
    ploder

ploder Loyal Member

Thanks for this.

10. 91
    kkan

kkan Loyal Member

put it in the GAMEXX folder or the 150 folder :)

re snes

try my copy i know works link :)

11. 11
    bloodfox

bloodfox Loyal Member

thanks for the help, but the problem is, even if i run the update, the folder has always been inside the game150 folder all the while and i was refering to the nes emulator and not the snes. never the less, thnk for the help, really appreciate it.

12. 21
    blubb0r

blubb0r Loyal Member

Hi,
    I just tried the snes and the genesis emulator.
    the snes works but with very low fps.
    and the genesis doesnt start at all.

ive got 5.00 m33-6

13. 6
    ajnauron

ajnauron Loyal Member

Daedalus X64 beta 2 is out

No speed improvement in smash bros though.

14. 18
    Coolsnarf

Coolsnarf Loyal Member

Im using the latest snestyl on my psp and have the following problem. While playing Secret of Mana and Bahamut Lagoon (didn't try other games yet) i get random freezes.
    I really don't know how it comes, but its annoying because i have to take my battery out and after that it will work again, but ofcourse i have to start over from the last save.
    Also i have tried another version of snestyl, but it gives me the same problem.

Anyone has a solution for this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
  15. 18
    Coolsnarf

Coolsnarf Loyal Member

lol :p, what kind of answer is that?!? Can't do a lot with that one.

ps. Im dutch, so english isn't my native language!!!

16. 3
    vsss5

vsss5 Loyal Member

1. What are Emulators?
    Emulators are programs written by some programmers which makes a virtual clone of a specific gaming console to make it playable on the PC or any other console, though not all consoles has emulators and not all of them can play all emulators. Emulators need ROMS to play with, and some need BIOS for emulators to work.
    e.g. PSX emulator on PC, Genesis emulator on PSP, MasterSystem emulator on PSX, etc.....

2. What are ROMS?
    Roms are a clone of games for specific consoles. ROMS are used with emulators to play certain games. Each console has specific file extension but sometimes one file extension can be for several ROM types.
    e.g. NES ROMS has the extension (.nes), Genesis ROMS has the extension (.smd), PSX ROMS as well as PS2 ROMS has ISO or BIN extension, etc...

3. What is BIOS?
    BIOS(In Emulators) is a clone of the interface of console which contain the booting screen and other things like "Memory card manager"(In PS1 and "PS2).

4. Are emulators, ROMS and BIOS Legal?
    Emulators are completely legal but ROMS and BIOS most of them are illegal to upload and give links in forums(Some forums allows it but not this one), though it is legal to have your own ROMS and BIOS, if you own the game(This rule does not apply to me).

Thanks
    VS

17. 113
    coona

coona Loyal Member

I can't get the latest version of Daedalusx64 to play any roms. All i get is a blank screen. Everytime i try and start a rom
    I have a psp phat m33- 6 installed and 1.50 addon, With Daedalusx64 in psp game folder

18. 4
    darklord9

darklord9 Loyal Member

where are the later system emulaters?

19. 7
    sh0ckerturb0

sh0ckerturb0 Loyal Member

This has probably been answered before but does the easy installer work for 5.00 M33-6?

20. 1,626
    Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

Who say that? I dun see that fine print in Copyright law.