hit tracker

This file does not contain PIC/D1/D2 data

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ISO's) Discussion' started by MightyShots, Nov 16, 2013.

1. 15
    MightyShots

MightyShots Loyal Member

Just a question.

All ISO's to be 100% 1:1 copy of the original disk must include every little piece of info from the original. So why does geniso tool delete PIC/D1/D2 data? Surely it wouldn't be hard to implement and match 100% or just let 3k3y do the work and allow full support of there better iso tool?

Edit
    Also will the Cobra ODE play 3k3y generated iso's (decrypted) correctly? Or will movies, loading times etc be affected?

2. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Decrypted iso's should work normally at full speed.
    Couldn't tell you the answer to the first question, ask magneto or wait if he responds to this thread.

3. 15
    MightyShots

MightyShots Loyal Member

Thanks SDeath, just seems a grey area that isnt explained very well at all. But surely to be 100% match then that information must be included.

Dont get me wrong, a ban is always possible! But i shall take all actions possible to not get banned while on psn with the ode

4. 15
    MightyShots

MightyShots Loyal Member

LOL How do i get in touch with magneto lmao, been looking but cant find members. That is a dumbass question i know pmsl

Edit
    With alittle work i figured it :-/ just looked for a reply or post and click the name lol

5. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Or you could have started a new pm message and entered: magneto
    ;-)

6. 92
    Maverick

Maverick Loyal Member

I did some research and I guess GenPS3iso didn't put the original PIC/D1/D2 Data into ISO cuz Cobra ODE doesn't need it. Cobra ODE is using the bootdisc key, not from ISO. This part is same as E3 and 3k3y(without BD key). Iso tool keeped the original PIC/D1/D2 Data cuz 3k3y can use original PIC/D1/D2 Data from ISO if you can dump BD key with 3.55CFW from the PS3. This is not means iso tool is better.
    Looks like we cannot make 100% 1:1 ISO even to build ISO with IRD cuz IRD ISO we use now is decrypted too and some regions in original disc are encrypted. Use IRD to build ISO except can verify files, also can build same structure and put some data that from original disc in the ISO, like Regions, PIC/D1/D2 data and etc. Just closest to the original disc, not 100% 1:1. You need BD key to encrypt the the regions are encrypted in original disc if you want to make a 100% 1:1 ISO and ODE also need has the key to emulate as your PS3 BD drive to decrypt the encrypted regions.

These days we were talking about IRD ISO is encrypted so has performance hit seems not correct... You can find the decrypted IRD ISOs builded by iso tool cannot work well with Cobra ODE either. I guess it's about the Optical Drive Emulator Driver. The Cobra ODE Driver seems cannot support original disc structure ISO well for now. That's why even build the ISO with IRD by GenPS3iso still cannot work smooth. The Optical Drive Emulator Driver of E3 and 3k3y can run IRD ISO well... As I heart, E3 and 3k3y they just emulated a normal Blu-ray drive and Cobra has a their special Optical Drive Emulator Driver.

But no matter which ODE you use(except 3k3y with BD key and use the encrypted ISO), it cannot pass the hash check form the encrypted regions or check BD ID is match the ISO you mount with ODE if Sony or Game maker can do that.
    So please don't be too paranoid about 100% 1:1 ISO and have fun with your ODE now :courage:

These things are just what I thought after I did some research, didn't confirm it is correct. Hope magneto will correct it. Sorry if I misunderstaning anything.

7. 15
    MightyShots

MightyShots Loyal Member

Yes thank you for the time in the explanation, i new about the decrypted iso etc etc from 3k3y. But just couldnt figure out why cobra ode would miss the PIC/D1/D2 data out. Its more curiosity than anything else lol

Thanks Maverick

8. 1,036
    magneto

magneto Cobra ODE Support Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.cobra-ode.com
    There is no PIC/D1/D2 data in the original disc. You can use a bluray drive on a PC to verify that. That information is added by 3k3y and is only useful for them when they emulate the drive entirely with keys dumped in CFW. We have also added that information to genps3iso v2.3 when it generates ISO from an IRD and it is used since MCU 1.8 to fake the PIC data. That information is not in any file so it cannot be added if you generate an iso without IRD.

9. 92
    Maverick

Maverick Loyal Member

There has the PIC Zone in the original disc... It's for authentication. Disk key (D1/D2) is in there. http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Basic_Bluray_disc_authentication_procedure and IRD has that data incouded.

3k3y can use the BD key dump(from 3.55CFW) to access PIC Zone from ISO to get the original disc key and use encrypted ISOs(100% 1:1). But 3.55CFW is the limitation part...
    We use bootdisc is ODE respond PS3 with the bootdisc's key(fake PIC data you said), not the original key. That's why has limitation of bootdisc(We don't have all disc key from all the game discs). And the source we use for making ISOs is decrypted game data so no need the original disk key for decrypt.

These are what I know...but not sure it's tatally correct...

10. 17
    NickR

NickR Loyal Member

According to the link you posted about the PIC Zone "the BD ROM Mark is actually used in movie discs but not in game".

So perhaps, the PIC/D1/D2 data is not needed or it isn't available in game discs?

11. 1,036
    magneto

magneto Cobra ODE Support Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.cobra-ode.com
    The PIC/D1/D2 on the disc itself is not on any sector. That data is part of the authentication of the disc but the data does not appear anywhere on the actual sectors. The iso contains that data because we don't want to have a separate file from the iso to carry that information.

12. 12
    jcorrea

jcorrea Loyal Member

Is there anyway to obtain D1/D2/PIC using the PS3 itself? I wanna try to create an app to generate IRD's using the PS3.