hit tracker

This Game Card Cannot Be Used

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Mark Jones, Dec 22, 2018.

1. 3
    Mark Jones

Mark Jones Loyal Member

I'm hoping someone can help! I bought my son a Stargate for Xmas and I'm desperate to get it to work on time.

I did everything to the book, I've tried 2 different Stargate Cards on 2 different 3DS systems but always get the error message "this game card cannot be used" that's despite the ROM showing the game image in the background. Furthermore I can't flick between the ROMs installed.

Thanks in advance

2. 3
    Zelinka

Zelinka Loyal Member

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about your cart issues. I looked a bit online and found a helpguide which could help you if you havent solved the problem already (not sure if this is against the forum rules, if it is please accept my sincerest apologies for my ignorance):

http://3ds-flashcard.com/blog/how-t...me-card-removed-stop-working-or-other-issues/

This is all info I could find for you. Hope you can get it solved soon.

3. 5
    Loku

Loku Loyal Member

Hello Mark. I have owned a Stargate 3DS for over a month and mine works as it should. I got one after watching this video by Tech James and set mine up the same way he did. Its an easy video to follow and if you set it up the way he does it should work unless you have a bad cart.

I'd also like to mention that I was initially having issues where it would say "The Game Card was removed. Press home button to return home" and that was due to using a bad SD card. Since using a Scandisk SD I havent had any issues.

Watch this video and drop the DS Menu files from the Zip file you download from the stargate website and it should work.

The files must also be .3ds files that are images of game cards.

4. 3
    Mark Jones

Mark Jones Loyal Member

Thanks for your help.

I swapped SD cards and all of a sudden itsi working perfectly.

Thanks

5. 5
    Loku

Loku Loyal Member

That's great. I am glad. Remember that to copy games that are 4GB or larger (like Xenoblade, Bravely Second etc) your SD card must be formated as Exfat. Fat32 has a limit of 4gb on file size transfer. Stargate 3DS supports both Exfat and Fat32.

6. 3
    Mark Jones

Mark Jones Loyal Member

Thanks for the heads up, I went for Exfat to begin with, so that's good news.

7. 3
    Rictor

Rictor Loyal Member

for larger games is possible trim them too so they're under 4 gb , i used ndstokyotrim3 for trim the roms ( this program can trim even ds and gba games ) so much space saved