hit tracker

TIP to help identify which NAND you are currently in

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Soulgain, Jan 10, 2015.

1. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

So now that Gateway 3.0 Ultra BETA has been released, I now see a horde of people arriving with problems. I think that with this update there are more new users to Gateway then ever and many have trouble distinguishing sysNand from emuNand as 4.1-4.5 users also did. This is even more of a problem since this update forces most users above 4.5 to enable wifi to boot into the Gateway menu via the internet browser which will also download the firmware system update. Now the most troubling issue I've seen so far is people formatting the emuNand and actually updating it probably without knowledge of what mode they are in most likely because they had to configure internet connection settings which at the end of the process when exiting settings BRINGS US BACK TO SYSNAND. Here's one way to know which mode you are in:

1a. Before you boot into gateway/classic mode (E.G. GW3D 9.xxxxxxx) change the size of the icons on your home screen

1b. Or if you are already in emuNand change the home icon sizes from that mode instead.

2. Whenever you change back from either sysNand/emuNand you should see the difference in the home menu icon sizes and that will be your hint to deciding what mode you are in currently.

I have also been questioned about whether themes for 9.0+ also change when reverting from sysNand/emuNand and would like feedback as I only have a 4.5 currently.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  2. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

With three folders I usually tell people to spell S-Y-S for system nand and E-M-U for emunand and if you want to get fancy on your homebrew sd card spell H-B-C

This way when your on system nand or any type of emunand you know whats what

3. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

Not everyone uses/creates folders. Also with my way I present an easy and obvious style to hint at which Nand anyone is in as everyone looks at icons also I do hope that themes will be another great alternative as colors are another distinguishable feature but yours is also one nonetheless.