hit tracker

Tribit XFree Tune Headset Official MaxConsole Review

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Dec 18, 2018.

By realtimesave on Dec 18, 2018 at 3:46 AM
  1. 390
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Ultra-Portable and Compact / Tribit Xfree Tune / Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Headset
    [​IMG]

Bluetooth these days is nearly a must for hands free audio devices but most highly portable headsets come in the form of ear buds. Today, a company called Tribit Audio presents to you another option with better noise cancelling capability: the Tribit Xfree Tune wireless Bluetooth headphone set.

The Tribit Xfree Tune headset offers, by default, noise cancelling technology by fully covering the ears. This headset also has a built in microphone for calls and conferencing. It comes with an optional 1/8th inch (3.5mm) male to male cord that can be plugged into the headset if wired use is preferred. Charging is done by the micro USB slot and included micro USB to standard USB A cable. This pair of headphones is very stylish as well, sporting Tribit logos on either side with aesthetically pleasing black and silver grilles.

Let’s take a look at the packaging and included items:

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG IMG_5729.JPG

The Tribit Xfree Tune box is a sturdy orange and white color without any peg hanger. It shows the product on the front and its features listed on the back. There are two logos on the side that can be scanned with a smart phone to look it up on Facebook and on the web. [email protected] is also labeled on that side of the box for product support email.

IMG_5753.JPG IMG_5754.JPG

What’s inside the box really stands out. The first thing you will notice is the really nice almost clam shell portable package the headset comes in. This unzips nearly all around and flips out to display both the folded up Bluetooth headset and a mesh area to store the headphone accessory cables as well as the user manual and included cards.

IMG_5755.JPG IMG_5756.JPG

The mesh area of the carrying case has both the charging cable and the optional 1/8” (3.5mm) cable inside along with the paperwork. You will not need the included 1/8” male to male audio cord if you are using a Bluetooth connection, but you will periodically need to charge the headset with +5V DC through the included micro USB to standard USB A cable.

IMG_5759.JPG

While I am still by no means an audiophile, I can tell whether a headset puts out some good stereo sound as well as by the looks of it if it is a sturdy, quality product. This headset first of all is very impressive when it comes to build quality. It has metal features throughout as well as nice padding on top and on the earphones. The controls are placed sufficiently on the right hand side and are easy to access while operating the headset.

IMG_5760.JPG

Upon powering on the speakers, you are greeted with a female voice stating “power on”. It does not state whether or not it is in the Bluetooth pairing mode though. When powering it off, the voice states “power off”.

My new computer system conveniently has Bluetooth built into the motherboard so I did not need any other accessories to pair Bluetooth devices. “Tribit Xfree Device” was quickly found by Windows 10 and paired with the voice stating “paired” when pairing was completed.

I just went to Youtube to test the audio and it functions properly. I did notice some faint static white sound when I launched the web browser which had the first video muted by default. This went away after a few seconds and I then launched a video. While the video was playing, I could hear the faint white noise in the background and when I paused the video it was still there. Another thing I noticed is the headset does not seem to over-pronounce bass and it plays everything clearly.

IMG_5757.JPG

What makes this headset stand out from the competition is its ability to fold up for ultra-portability. This headset is excellent for taking on trips and pairing with mobile devices on the go. It conveniently folds and tucks away in its included carrying case. What I like about this is that all of its necessary accessories fit in the case as well along with it.

IMG_5761.JPG IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

Over all, I am very pleased with this headset. It has a high quality feel to it and comes with enough accessories to get you going. I will give this device a B grade in scoring because it does have some background noise but it also is simple to use, high quality, and does everything it is suppose to right out of the box.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Tribit Audio for providing the Tribit Xfree Tune Headset sample for review. This is currently on sale for $52.99 on Amazon.com and costs nothing to ship. I would definitely recommend this headset to anyone that is entry level into audio and wants to quickly pick out a quality pair of ultra-portable wireless headphones with wired connectivity capability with everything included right out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Dec 18, 2018.