hit tracker

True Blue - New Dongle and news of support for existing users!

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 19, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:03 AM
  1. 25,217
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    NEWS UPDATE: July 23rd, 2012 -- 'True Blue' has released details on their new dongle!​

It been almost two months since the last news update from the True Blue team, and almost of month of rumors being leaked from Lightake regarding a new dongle coming out, and finally early this morning we got an E-Mail from the developers behind 'True Blue' with a statement regarding this 'new dongle' and also news that all existing customers will be supported!

[​IMG]

Remember to always deal with legit TB resellers like Lightake, Shop 01 Media, FyyGame, ModchipsAustralia, ModChipCentral, FyyGame to make sure you are getting an original product!

OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.TRUEBLUEJB2.com

Since this 'thread' is so long now, here is a direct link to the latest news as of 'July 23, 2012': --> True Blue - New TB Dongle Released

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 19, 2011.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

even better lol :D

2. 5
      HolyPuma

HolyPuma Loyal Member

If you bought this dongle, it is forgivable... but if you support this HDD wipe bullshit, you're fucking retarded. That is all.

3. 28
      passwordispassword

passwordispassword Loyal Member

Same [silly] aim, different execution.

Oh I see now. Only you can pick someone up on the spelling of their username?

*thinks*

Ah. I get it now. You are making a hip-pock-rassy pun. Good one man!

*double thumbs up*

I so slow. :(

EDIT - OMG EXCITING EDIT - New True Blue News from their website:

It has come to our attention that there is some concern amongst True Blue owners that an erroneous false flag may wipe their own HDD. The True Blue team has worked hard to avoid/minimise this risk in the current release of the True Blue custom firmware however for customer wishing to reduce this risk further we would like to announce the release of a new True Blue accessory. The Complex Algorithum Tool, other wise known as C.A.T. This tool MUST be used in the correct manner or there could be unexpected consequences.

As such we have put together the following video installation guide:

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    4. 5
      HolyPuma

HolyPuma Loyal Member

nice joke. lol

5. 4,102
      gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
      http://techbliss.org
      "Worked hard", eh? True Blue surely hasn't worked hard enough to:

• Protect their investment in an ethical manner (meaning: make hardware revisions instead of adding product-sabotaging code for instance).

• Please its customers who want the games to release it as soon as possible (meaning: less behind-the-scenes hentai masturbating sessions and more EBOOT releases).

• PREVENT its users from having their HDDs wiped or having their dongles bricked.

6. 80
      runo

runo Loyal Member

I am commander Shepard and i disapprove this TB message.

7. 113
      Adamsville

Adamsville Loyal Member

@this thread Welcome back! I missed ya...

8. 229
      Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

Look what we have here. Where's xPrea defending Tb dongle. What is he going to come up with? Please. Everyone knows that those fckfaces are more criminal than Sony and Microsoft combined but looks like this site is too much pro-TB (and don't tell me it is not) since some PEOPLE are racking all the money out of advertisement and talking to corrupt greedy KNOWN PS3 devs who are behind this.

This scene is really the worst of all and people still support that POS dongle. Good job morons.

9. 571
      themuse

themuse Loyal Member

i totally agree using malicious code to protect your pirate dongle is a little much , they re going too far i think ,they should count their blessings ,im sure they have made a good penny off this already

and seriously i wouldnt mind so much if their shitty ps3 cfw didnt exclude cobra dongle, i mean they do 2 totally different things there is no reason they cant make a cfw that supports both dongles , what if i want to have new games and have br backups with disc menu and ps2 games and play latest games? buying 2 dongles and changing the dongle is annoying enough but re installing cfw all the time, they are just alienating potential customers on both sides

10. 4,102
      gDrive

Home Page:
      1. From an outsider looking in, yes, this site is pro-True Blue for the reasons I have stated before, with the odd anti-True Blue critic/member here and there like yourself.

2. xPreatorianx is busy and can not be bothered to deal with such shit for the time being.

3. I agree with you in the sense that this scene is by far (one of) the worst scene(s) around, with fake developers whose deception skills can be compared to that of the Antichrist/Dajjal, lame Twitter whores who love to chat gibberish and plain old immature morons who love throwing boring childish insults that have been used so many times that you just want to stab them in the head.

11. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

That kitten is so cute, I might have to use it as my Avatar

12. 4,102
      gDrive

Home Page:
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't go Alodia! :p :p :p :p :p

Nah - only messin' - feel free to do whatever you want - in fact, I agree with that "cute kitten" comment by the way.

13. 780
      xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://deviant-generation.com/
      Oh I guarantee this will drive away some customers. That's to be expected. I was never denying that :). As for everything else - I agree m8. :)
      Oh so now your gonna flame me? LMAO! Preatorian is spelled correctly. My nick doesn't come from the Praetorian guard. It comes from the Alien franchise. If you knew anything about the xenomorphs/giger's alien designs you would know that. Next time do a bit of google searching!

As for the "ninja edit." Actually it wasn't a ninja edit at all. I did a quick google search, found out this HOIC exists, and so removed the comment. Why should I keep the comment if I was wrong? See, I don't keep up with anonymous activities because they are nothing more than scrubs. Same goes for their imitators who like the dude I quoted, are trying way too hard to act like "1337 [email protected]"

As for your other comment - it's just not worth replying too.
      Sweet, another troll coming in. Like we don't have enough of them. TBFH - I could care less what TB does as long as it doesn't effect my machine. Nothing they have done has effected my machine, so I really don't care. With Sony - whatever they did effected your machine. With TB - nothing has effected your machine.

So keep trolling. Say what you like. At the end of the day, TB is working fine for me, I'm not having ANY issues what so ever - so I really don't care. As long as my machine is unaffected, go hog wild.

Still hilarious that it's a "POS dongle." - Yet it does everything it says on the tin. Hell these "scare tactics" haven't even been verified. So for all we know, you guys crying foul, are crying for no reason. LMAO.

Let the flaming continue /sarcasm. Nothing has happened yet, but the trolls are coming out of the wood work.
      PS: Before someone says that I will throw a shit fit/(insert remark here) when TB is cracked - think again. I've said from the very beginning that I don't care if TB get's cracked as long as the scene is still prosperous in the long run. Meaning that after the first few waves of new eboots, it doesn't get fixed. As long as the free solution allows us to play new games for quite awhile, I'm fine. But if it leads to one or two releases, than we are back to the old 3.55 days I'm gonna be pissed. If that doesn't happen - CRACK IT.

At the end of day, I only care about playing new games. Right now TB is my only sane option. But if that changes, so be it. I could care less. As long as I get to play new games. I'm not like the rest of you trolls that find millions of reasons to bitch about playing new games on a gaming console. I spent $60 on this thing and I have seen a return on my investment a million times over. So really, all of you people trolling are doing nothing but pretty much proving to me that you are just pissed off because you want a free solution and aren't getting one.

(BTW I cleaned up my post a bit. Trying to be a little nicer.)

14. 208
      afiser

afiser Loyal Member

This isn't entirely the problem. It's the fact that they would even bluff this that is unforgivable. Just shows how greedy and shitty they are. Even if this is not implemented, I could not just go along and support this kind of threat if I were a TB user.

It's just part of the business to be cloned. You don't see Team Xecuter doing outlandish "anti-clone" things like this to protect their products. They have built a reputation of having extremely high quality stuff, thats what allows them to sell so well compared to others in the xbox scene.

And the biggest trouble I have with this whole TB debacle is that, what if someone buys a JB King not even knowing about TB and their ways? It's just some innocent (possibly ignorant i suppose) person that gets his hard drive wiped just because TB has to stoop this low to "protect" their product.

I don't know. There is a way better way of going about the whole clone issue than going this low with it, seriously. And to defend them for something so cruel is just as terrible IMO. Just because it may not affect your machine (although in past experiences, some of their "anti-clone" measures have affected legitimate owners) does not mean it is right, at all and to continue to defend them makes you just as bad as they are.

15. 780
      xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://deviant-generation.com/
      Afiser, don't ever compare any modding group from the 360 scene to this scene. Just don't. You are disgracing those modders. The 360/Wii scene are in a league of their own. The 360 scene is the best scene when it comes to gaming consoles. The PS3 is the direct opposite. Even on a good day, the PS3 scene will NEVER be as good as the 360 scene. (not sure about the Wii scene but I covered it a bit.)

As far as the scare tactics go, like I said this is the PS3 scene. It's full of a bunch of ego maniacal, greedy, and selfish bastards. So technically TB fits right in here.

But as far as your comment about an innocent buyer goes - that would really suck. There's no denying that. I completely agree with your viewpoint there. I only hope that these are merely scare tactics so something like that doesn't happen.

Yes there are better ways, but they seem to be going for the juggler. As far as defending them - I'm not really defending them. I'm simply saying they haven't personally steered me wrong yet, I haven't had any problems, so until I have problems, I'm not worried about it. If that's being "just as bad as they are." Fair enough. Really don't care to be honest. At the end of the day I bought their product for one reason and one reason only. To play games. It has served that purpose without any problems what so ever. So I personally don't care about the rest. I'm tired of "advocating" and supporting the "mob" mentality or defending the "free man." All it does is frustrate the hell out of me, and it's not like I'm getting anything out of it. I've been screwed over soo many times in the past for siding with the supposed "angels" in this scene, that I just won't do it anymore. Those said "angels" have screwed me over time and time again.

So ya, I guess I'm gonna play devil's advocate. I will until my dongle screws my system up. But considering how many times I've used it, and how long I've used it, I'm not worried about that happening. As for legitimate customers getting screwed with bricks - those have been fixed primarily. I haven't seen anyone say they got a RSOD, etc. Bricks will happen no matter what. That's the nature of electronics. Those chances are gonna be increased with the protection.(that's the unfortunate side effect of all DRM solutions. Hell even PC's get screwed up with DRM shit. Do I like DRM? Nope. But as long as it doesn't effect me, I'll deal with it till I can crack it.) But as long as the person asks for a replacement, they are golden. But like I said I don't believe I have seen any reports of RSOD's that can be directly attributed to TB. Could I be wrong? Damn skippy. I don't exactly go searching for topics like that unless they are in the new posts section. But I will say this, old CFW's bricked plenty of consoles as well. And so far, the only bricks I've seen are on the dongle. Unless I'm wrong?

16. 4,102
      gDrive

Home Page:
      @ Prea: I heard a few positive things about the Wii scene - but since 2010 if I recall correctly, the Wii's security protocols haven't changed much, if at all, so on that front, it has kind of stagnated, but as for its homebrew, I assume it is still being worked on.

Also, check this comment here:

17. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

What's funny is that in a year, we'll all still be arguing about TB. I bought my ps3 because I wanted to play games. This scene has gotten so pathetic though. After the first initial hacking everybody went to arguing. Devs went into hiding or scamming. What has been done in this scene? DUPLEX gave us a lot of Psn releases, but DUPLEX is not part of the ps3 scene according to some. It's plausable. DUPLEX is part of the overall release scene, but hasn't partaken in ps3 politics as far as I know. Duplex, or outside pirates progressed the scene then, not the ps3 scene. The same is to be said of eXtrimALL, another outside release group. The overall scene has survived by teams trying to release things faster than the others, not by waiting for someone else to do it and steal it from them. Why can't the ps3 scene be like that? Why can't we play all games day 1 and with dlc unlocked? Is it because TB? No. We got this way because we have become so pathetic. This scene died a year ago.

I think most people don't realise that this may have been the only way to deal with the clones. They tried to keep them from using updates and people clamoured for the cloners to crack the updates. They can't rely on lawsuits due to the grey area and they learned first hand that pirates will crack an update so they saw this as their only option.

@AnonymousUser Where is this hacker that had his work stolen? Why didn't he release it then? Why hasn't he released it by now? Is it because this mysterious hacker never existed in the first place and is a poor excuse for revenge? Or are you claiming to be that hacker? If so where is you're proof? Did your dog eat it?

@opensource people. Do you even know what open source is? Would you know what the f&** to do with source code if someone gave it to you? I bet nobody here would have a clue what to do. How come it was never a problem when the ps3 came out. Sure I think someone did bring it up once or twice, but they never dwelt on it so long and they were hackers. Do you know that the open source community actually gets things done. If something doesn't work right they either mess with the source code or create a program from scratch. That second one is the kicker here. If source code doesn't exist in the open, they just create a new program. In other words, they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk. Most real open source programmers don't bitch and moan for others to release the source code because they know how hard it can be to actually create a program. Just because someone likes open source software doesn't mean they could do all of that. But even though that is okay, I feel there is a double standard to many pro open source non-programmers. I get this image of a hippie screaming open source while they use Windows or Mac, both of which are closed source OSes. You can't excuse one thing being closed source while screaming for the demise of something else, because it is closed source.

@anti-drm crowd. I still haven't heard any personal tales of how True Blue's security prevented you from doing something that you could do before. I think that is a cop out excuse. For one, you aren't stuck on TB's firmware, you can go to KMEAW or Rebug anytime and it only takes a couple minutes. But this isn't about something you could do before. I know that when you despise the DRM, it is because TB put security measures to prevent you from playing the games they cracked without buying a TB dongle. That too is a cop out excuse. The games that TB cracked are for their dongle and firmware, but the original uncracked games are still available. Nothing is stopping someone from doing what TB did and making the solution free and open source. Who knows they may even find an even more efficient way to do it. But I personally think it is a waste of time. It's been around half a year and nothing has happened. And for that matter, it's been about a year since Cobra was "definitely going to get cracked" TB was cracked, by the elites and TBH I think JBK and JB2usb were their babies. I get the feeling they were sitting around knowing they could make a killing off of the anti-TB crowd. Just a few bucks less and the masses would eat that up. I guess they were right, judging by the amount of comments going FUUUUUUU. It's hilarious to see the anti-drm crowd munch up those JBK and JB2USB drm(JBK would be a re-re-drm dongle, And JB2USB would be a re-re-redrm dongle) dongles, but turn around and hate with such passion, TB because it has drm.

18. 0
      samdrlvt

samdrlvt Guest

When someone says to me: buy my "dongle" or else i will erase your ps3 hard drive: that´s MAFIA/GANGSTER way of living. How can i support that?!!

19. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

their not really forcing anybody to buy anything (there's still other choices; JB2USB, CFW/MFW, a 2nd PS3, etc..)

20. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      but they are, "If you use anything other than TB you risk your data being erased" that is effectively saying, if you don't buy TB you're data WILL be erased eventually because of these protocols.

This is exactly the same thing sony did when they took out other OS, sure you can keep Linux, but then you can't play new games, or update for new games and lose Linux.

The only thing is, buy TB and update to their CFW for new games, or don't and get shit all.

Then they went a step further with "you HAVE to use our CFW with OUR dongle, or you're data gets flushed"

No matter how you spin it, it's a dirty tactic and one they shouldn't be doing, as I said, they're free to brick competing dongles some way, but don't punish the end user by destroying their system data..

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.