hit tracker

TrueBlue Patch Viewer Released

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by pete_uk, May 7, 2012.

By pete_uk on May 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM
  1. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

Corwin75 @ http://games-hack.fr/ has released an application to download True Blue EBOOT patches, TB PS3 Firmware and dongle updates, which will come in handy for the True Blue noobs (and non-noobs alike) who want to instantaneously find all the True Blue-related files without spending several minutes on trying to find the files on the Web:

View attachment 2648

Source: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=37581

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by pete_uk, May 7, 2012.

1. 253
      Egg 'n' chips

Egg 'n' chips Loyal Member

will the latest eboot fixes be seperated,say,having to click a tab (latest eboots) as so we dont have to trawl through the list constantly looking for the new ones?
      and while the new eboot list has a few of the new ones in,when a batch of newer eboots come out,the curent new eboots get moved into the normal list so the newer eboots dont get confused for later eboots or vice versa?
      i hope you can make sence of that.

edit.
      sorry that was ment to be for Corwin75 not pete_uk .

2. 25,178
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Personally I think 'ps3scenefiles.com' is faster and quicker, no need to install a program just to access a site, makes no sense to me.

Now if this program was complied to work directly on the PS3 then that would be different matter, find the file, grab it, unpack it, and overwrite your eboot all within one step.

Now if corwin75 wants to make improve this app for his next version, I suggest adding in a UNPACK & FTP copy wizard, to make it easier for the end-user, if this GUI is aimed at the noobie PS3 user, it should look for the title on their USB HDD or by FTP and do the patching for them after unpacking it, and even scanning their HDD and doing an MD5 and telling them what games NEED to be PATCHed, etc.

3. 438
      nextbike

nextbike Loyal Member

I think this app is great.
      Newest to oldest category view option would be a great idea for the next update.

4. 253
      Egg 'n' chips

Egg 'n' chips Loyal Member

i like GaryOPA idea about the app doing it all for you through FTP thingy ma bobs but i struggled with that ps3media server thing.so if Corwin75 does impliment it,i hope there is still the manual option too.

5. 163
      Yuu

Yuu Loyal Member

Congrats Corwin75 on finally releasing your app. When we first saw it , we thought it was a secret app only TB had access to hehe.

Thanks for making this even if some may not say the point :p. ( i am not talking about Uncle GaryOPA btw)

6. 867
      Bartholomy

Bartholomy Loyal Member

Agree with GaryOPA, it's just a program for lazy users, ps3scenefiles provide a perfect list, a fast service, and everything. True, if was a ps3 pkg app, able to do eveyrthing automatically, it was superb.

7. 780
      xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://deviant-generation.com/
      FTP is a completely different beast than PS3 media server. PS3 media server is a bit hard to set up because the PS3 has to recognize UPNP (IIRC) on your PC. Well plus fully recognize your PC and all of the media on it. Where as an FTP server is a hell of a lot easier to set up. As long as the PS3 and PC have valid IP's on the local network, you have a fully functional FTP server.
      And that's why applications are developed every day. To make it easier for someone to do a certain function. So it serves a time honored tradition for developed software.