hit tracker

Tutorial: How to create the COBRA Browser

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDeath, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1,036
    magneto

magneto Cobra ODE Support Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.cobra-ode.com
    Games appear twice because there are sector triggers for the video category and sector triggers for the game category. Each category uses different files (DATA0001.MP4) that need to trigger the game selection.
    We will look into the issue with more than 100 games and will let you know once it's fixed. The 100 games in games category and 200 games in video category limit is caused by the PS3 itself.

2. 8
    alphabr

alphabr Loyal Member

So if I pass 100 games the software could be confused trying to find the sector for the game category.

Do you think is necessary to calculate the sector ID for both category, even in bd mode?

Thanks for you fast support and really thanks to SDeath!

3. 1,036
    magneto

Home Page:
    The problem wasn't about the 200 limit, the problem was because it was parsing the PARAM.SFO file in PS3_EXTRA directory (game category) in order to print the "Found game title". After 100 titles, it stops copying the PARAM.SFO to PS3_EXTRA since that one has a limit of 100, since it can't find the title, it stops.
    We have found and fixed the bug. You can expect a new release in the next couple of days.
    You need sector triggers for both categories otherwise the ODE will not trigger on the files.

4. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Great stuff magneto.
    Again a quick fix.

5. 8
    alphabr

alphabr Loyal Member

Great! you are the best!

Im very happy with Cobra-Team and all comunity!

Thanks again!

6. 1,036
    magneto

Home Page:
    Each sector of disc is 2048 bytes, so sector 1024 is the offset 1024*2048 in the iso. The sector is where the mp4 is located in the disc, so when it is played, it triggers the game selection. The user manual explains how to do it.

7. 8
    alphabr

alphabr Loyal Member

Yeah, I figured out myself and managed to get it working.

Thanks again Magneto

8. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

Hi, maybe i did't get how to go around with cobra.cfg. But can you help me how to switch from Cobra ODE Browser to Cobra Manager just on the PS3? (Like eject and close lid on super slim). If that's not possible can the managers be run fom ode browser? Sometimes I need to run the Cobra Manager to verify the MCU and Manager version. Or run multiman when I need to.

9. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The managers can be run from the browser just put them in the game folder and start them like any game.
    BUT I just tried with the COBRA manager and it can't check the MCU version as it probably uses a relative path to the version file.
    Easiest right now use a USB stick with all the required files and the manager and switch the HDD for the stick to check versions if needed.

10. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

there's no like managers.on_eject command so whenever i eject, it will switch from manager to browser, then eject again to switch back? can it be included in the mcu in the future even just for the config? how say you, magneto?

11. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Updated both HDD packages with the latest genps3extra version 1.2 this fixes a bug in the amount of games shown under the video section.

12. 68
    SeaLkeN

SeaLkeN Loyal Member

Technician
    Thx for this SDeath! This tutorial really helped me getting started with this! And your batch file is really usefull tooo.. :)

13. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Your welcome mate!

14. 8
    John Bednarczyk

John Bednarczyk Loyal Member

Hello when I click on Cobra ODE BROWSER on my main screen it brings me to all my games and after I select a game it goes to the blank screen with the cobra head and stays there and doesnt move or do anything. Am I missing something here?

15. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Did you update to latest bootloader (1.2) and MCU (1.8)?

16. 8
    John Bednarczyk

All I did was run genps3extra.exe and selected to paths it told me to select. Do I need to use the bootloader and MCU to update it after i do that?

17. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

No you don't need to do that when adding games but did you do it in general?

18. 8
    John Bednarczyk

No i didnt touch the bootloader or MCU and ive even used a different HDD to see if it was the HDD but same thing, just gets stuck on cobra head screen

19. 47
    Rynsewind

Rynsewind Loyal Member

Using Bootloader 1.2 nad MCU 1.8.
    Using the basic stealth package. Followed instructions on OP,my games show up as video files on the game menu and when I try to launch them the go the the cobra background screen and play a video file.

Where have i gone wrong?

20. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You need to be on the latest bootloader and mcu for that to work mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.