hit tracker

Tutorial: How to dump a game with Cobra Manager 1.6

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDeath, Mar 1, 2014.

1. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The problems occurred because you did it wrong, use the supported disc to boot the manager then in the manager change disc to any other game you would like to dump and then press triangle and it will start dumping. Mine also crashes after each dump, the team will fix it I'm sure in the future.
    The iso's it's dumping are non IRD split iso's.

And using no IRD will be less stealth then with IRD but I have been using non IRD iso's ever since the beginning of the COBRA ODE.

I hope this helps and clears things up for you.

2. 276
    Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
    California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
    Yes you cleared up a few things for me, thank you very much.

When dumping my own games via the PS3, to make 1:1 backups I suppose I need to use 3K3y tools to create an IRD file (if it's not available when I click the title using PS3 ISO Rebuilder), and then remake my PS3 ISO using that IRD file, correct? I want to dump every PS3 game I own to external HDDs so I don't need to get up and get them from the garage anymore, and I want them all to be 1:1 backups so Sony will never see that I'm using the Cobra ODE. I have well over a thousand PSN purchased games so far and if I get banned I will lose everything plus 6 years of prepaid PLUS. :) Thanks!

Any idea why the DuckTales I dumped of my original disc to make an ISO is 400MB bigger than the one on torrent sites? Just curious...

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You can't create a IRD file from a iso, you will need the 3k3y ripp3r and the original game to create a IRD file from that.
    And the DuckTales are you sure it's the same game ID? Maybe you have more languages in your game. Or they removed some from the torrent ones.

4. 276
    Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
    California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
    Ohhhh I see. I guess I will be getting myself a 3k3y ripp3r when I return to the states to rip all my games with then. Thank you for clearing up everything for me. You have been of great help, sir.

My DuckTales is the US BluRay disc and I do believe the copy I grabbed from TPB was also a US copy. Perhaps it was the PSN version remade to ISO or something. Not sure. I will wait hoping someone uploads the IRD for that game. I do want all my ISOs 1:1 backups until the PS3 no longer gets FW updates and Sony considers it abandoned. After that I will go ahead and play all the ISOs in homebrew mode for faster loading. :) I just need to be safe as possible. Thanks again!

5. 36
    shaunbonnr

shaunbonnr Loyal Member

Master Flasher, www.tunkscellular.com
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Firstly I'd like to say thank you, your contributions got me up and running, secondly I posted a thread about a weird issue im having of you have time check it out, and lastly, to switch from game mode (my browser config) and dump mode (whats the exact cobra cfg you use)

Im on a 4000 series red 500 gb superslim on 4.55

how do you thank a post btw?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  6. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You can use my cobra.cfg Config tool, you can find the link to it in my signature.
    You will have to prepare the manager.iso the same way as a game with the bypass tools.

7. 11
    fullmetaljacket

fullmetaljacket Loyal Member

Hi, i'm new to the Cobra-ODE... I been reading the section about dumping your own ps3 games etc.. Here's my problem ....
    First try... got 99% done, 0.23 seconds left...ps3 froze...
    Second try, different game, about 15 min or so left, ps3 shut off.
    Third try, another different game, same thing, about 10-15min left, ps3 shut off.

The machine is letting me start the dumping process, but not finishing it. is there anything wrong with the process ?

I have a PS3 slim CECH-3001B OFW 4.55 with Cobra Ode V4.20 Browser/Manager 1.6, and FW 2.0

The games i've tried are 4-8 and 10 gig, using a 32gig usb stick ...so lots of room.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  8. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

There is a known bug in the firmware that would cause the dumping to crash almost when it's finished, so your first try should be a OK rip.
    Merge the files and check with IRD to confirm.
    The other two are different and might be cause by a overheating ODE, try to enable the underclock with using my cobra.cg Config tool, and try the dumping process again.

9. 11
    fullmetaljacket

The cobra.cfg file is made from your config tool... it was made before the dumping began, default settings so underclock was enabled in the tool.

As for the first game.... when i click on the generate file in your easy batch folder....(full version not lite) the generate file disappears, but nothing happens. and it don't come back lol.... no cmd screen nothing lol...

10. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You antivirus is deleting it because it thinks it's a virus, which it isn't.
    You can try to give the ODE extra power with a wall charger, maybe that helps for the rip freeze.

11. 11
    fullmetaljacket

for wall power, i'm assuming you mean a hard drive that is powered by the wall, not a usb powered hard drive ?

as for antivirus, never though of that, cause never got a warning ...i'll try again and disable antivirus when click the generate file.

i'll post back today or tomorrow when i find out how things went...thanks

12. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

No I meant by powering the ODE with a wall charger and a mini USB cable connected to the mini USB connector on the external PCB.

13. 11
    fullmetaljacket

oh..interesting...i'll see if i can find an wire to try that....thanks

After plugging in the ODE, i managed to make a complete copy of my NHL 14... merged the files with your program, and tested it back on the PS3 from my hard drive and works great...thanks.... .

tried Battlefield 4, and it crashed my ps3 again...so, it's a work in progress i guess...i'll keep trying..but thanks for the help

So after testing 3 games so far, 2 dump compeletly, the 3rd shuts off the ps3 after the 2nd iso is made, it won't start the 3rd... and I am using a power source for the ODE.... 2/3 ain't bad I guess....

14. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Yeah it's just something extra, you can also use multiMAN to rip the games via FTP.

15. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    It isn't bad but still shouldn't be to hard to fix I hope :D

16. 26
    CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 BANNED FOREVER

managed to dump my NHL 14 rebuilt as a single iso on pc and checked it and rebuilt with the ird everything went fine. but can i just ask is it normal for the dumping process to take as long as it does ? i think NHL ended up just short of 7GB and took over an hour and half to rip

so some of the big games like 20 - 30 gb are going to take 6 - 12 hours ?

thanks

17. 23
    chaos014

chaos014 Loyal Member

thanksssssssss alot

18. 18
    ZarathustraDK

ZarathustraDK Loyal Member

Tried dumping Catherine, the disc pushed me into the bathroom and beat the crap out of me :D

Nah, the dumping process took well over 2 hours for a ~8 GB game, then froze at 99.74%, bummer.

Gonna try again tomorrow with a powered HDD instead of a pendrive, perhaps it has some kind of impact. Seems like the FW needs some work on the dumping-side of things.

19. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Did you check the rip afterwards?
    Maybe it was still completed eventhough it showed 99.74%.
    What FW version are you on?

20. 18
    ZarathustraDK

ZarathustraDK Loyal Member

2.1 FW, 3.20 ode, 3xxx slim.

Yeah I checked it. Strange thing though (just noticed), it generated both a x.iso (can't remember the full name), and then a x.iso1 and a x.iso2. the x.iso-file was exactly as big as the x.iso1-file. So evidently it seems like it failed to join the iso1 and iso2 files together for a complete iso.

Checking out the files with an IRD also shows a lot of files in sequence missing, much like a continuous chunk. I'll see if I can stitch them together later.

Update: Seems like what's happening is the program succesfully rips the iso-parts, then fails to stitch the pieces together because the resulting file is bigger than what a FAT32 drive allows. I believe it's just a matter of merging the 2 pieces together, but I'm on linux and the tools wont play nice with wine and mono for me. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014