hit tracker

Tutorial: How to dump a game with Cobra Manager 1.6

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDeath, Mar 1, 2014.

1. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Yeah the PS3 only supports 4GB files so the manager rips them game in pieces, you'll need to merge them again to a full iso and after that you can check them to see if they are complete.
    The manager won't do the merging for you as it can't do it is the files are on a FAT32 disk, so you will need to do this on your computer. You'll need to merge ALL 3 files together for things to work.
    My merge tool only works with windows but it's a simple windows command and I am sure something like it also exists in Linux.
    The command in Windows is the copy command ie:

Code:
    copy /b BLUS-30629.iso+BLUS-30629.iso.1+BLUS-30629.iso.2+BLUS-30629.iso.3+BLUS-30629.iso.4 BLUS-30629FULL.iso
    The resulting iso will be named BLUS-30629FULL.iso and will be all 5 files combined.

2. 2
    dannyboy_bg

dannyboy_bg Loyal Member

Hello , is there some limitations for usb stick? Im doing right /i think/ but when press triangle sign out - failure dump. Using usb 32 gb sony 3.0/2.0.

PS3 SuperSlim 4xxx OFW 4.53/Cobra ODE v.4.20- 2.0 FW

3. 100
    SZAKES45

SZAKES45 Loyal Member

I just cannot get the game dump on cobra manager 1.6, I am on mcu 1.9 is this my problem?

Also it says it won't work on browser, does this mean it only works cobra manager under games menu, not video?

4. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You have to run the COBRA Manager so it can't be done from the XMB directly.
    But yes you'll need to be on FW 2.0 or higher, I suggest 2.1 the latest, there was some corruption problems on FW 2.0 or lower when dumping.

SZAKES45 likes this.
  5. 67
    nirh217

nirh217 Loyal Member

Android Developer
    Tried to dump 2 games this way, but it hangs 0.6x seconds before it ends and the ps3 freezes, only a hard boot saves it, and there is a lot of data missing (tried to verify with IRD)..
    Just dumped my COD MW3 with new multiman (4.50.x) and IRD all green :=) with NO missing files or something.. used genps3iso to create ISO from folder.. (NO IRD.. heard that it's much slower to load the game because of extra decryption..)
    Is there any solution to that problem?

Thanks...

6. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The COBRA team will need to release a new version of the manager fixing the issue.

7. 67
    nirh217

nirh217 Loyal Member

Android Developer
    Thanks,
    Well, for now I'll use MultiMAN and a FAT32 HDD connected at front.. very helpful..:), also, MultiMAN is ripping way more fast than Manager does..
    Fro example: 8.5GB
    MultiMAN: 15 min
    Manager: 1.5 Hrs

:)
    At the end, I'm just glad that I can rip those game and all of the files in IRD verification is green with NO missing/useless files.

Thanks

8. 13
    citricchameleon

citricchameleon Loyal Member

What would cause the game dumping to keep freezing? I get stuck about 25-30%. I've altered the config file to use less power/generate less heat. I'm on 1.6/2.1

9. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You an try to add extra power to the ODE by using a USB wall charger and a mini USB cable connected to the mini USB connector on the external PCB.
    You can also use multiMAN to dump games as the COBRA Manager might be a bit unstable with dumping.

10. 100
    SZAKES45

SZAKES45 Loyal Member

Im finally on fw 2.0 Where cobra manager should be on xmb, it is showing cobra browser??????? Has anyone had this?

Got it, cfg file, dumping a game overnight see how it goes

It dumped some of the game, 1 rar file was done I was able to open on computer, its a start now got to get it to do a whole game LOL AROUND 12 GIG GAME KILLZONE 2

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  11. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

my ps3 can't dump again after i dumped pes13 it says Not enoughtFreeSpace on USB for Dumping Disc while there is 78gbfree space.any idear

12. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

95 seconds remaining ps3 freezes on dumping???

13. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

I was dumping god of war 3,99.5% Freez forever.why? My cobra ode firmware is 2.1

14. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

Are you sure it's not 3,99.5 GB instead of percentages? Because FAT32 is limited to 4.00 GB files. The Cobra Manager is supposed to split the ISOs into 4.00 GB files, which you can then "combine" with pretty much any file joint/joiner on the net.

If that's not it, maybe you don't have enough space on the drive (like if you're trying to dump a 40.7 GB game on a 16 GB USB stick), or maybe the disc is too badly scratched.

Note: The USB stick/external drive (where you want to dump the game) needs to be plugged in the front USB ports of the PS3, not in the USB port of the external Cobra ODE PCB.

15. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

Thanks for the reply.everything is good,i have connected the external to the front port of the ps3(does it matter which one) the external is fat32with 89gb free space and i know will be splited but still 99.5% freezes i did it 3 times.same results

16. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

The Cobra Manager isn't the only way to back up a PS3 game. Try copying the game files from the BD to the external HDD using SonicMAN. You'll end up with a "folder" format, which you can then convert to ISO on your PC.

17. 276
    Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
    California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
    Very true, and SonicManager was much faster at ripping the games as well! SonicMan FTW!

18. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

Which version of sonicman is to use if theres multiple and do tell the steps.i never used sonicman before.thanks

19. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

Um... the latest one? Obviously? ... I think v3.03.02.

Copy-paste from one of the sides of the screen to the other.

The screen is split in half, like Total Commander. Point one of the sides to the bluray drive and the other to the USB slot where your USB stick is present. Then copy and paste. You'll get the hang of it. Try some stuff before asking. It's brain dead simple on how to use it (the button mappings are listed on the bottom of your screen.

There's also a tutorial on Maxconsole on how to do this over FTP: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...l-How-To-Dump-Games-With-SonicMan-ODE-Manager

Edit: Anyway, this isn't the place to ask about how to use SonicMAN. This topic is about the Cobra Manager and issues regarding dumping PS3 games with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  20. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

after dumping game how to make iso ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015