hit tracker

Tutorial: How to use IRD files and PS3-ISO-Rebuilder

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDeath, Feb 13, 2014.

1. 440
    slimozis

slimozis Loyal Member

Welcome. Google Chrome is blocking the file PS3-ISO-Rebuilder.zip as malicious :)

2. 111
    jonnysp

jonnysp Loyal Member

sorry google, i have no virus built in!

3. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    NOOOO jonnysp! WE ALL MUST OBEY GOOGLE!! :p

4. 276
    Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
    California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
    I am using version 1.0.2.8 and I think I am finding an error with this app. It might just be the IRD, I honestly do not know. I would like for you guys to look into this for me please.

To make this as short as possible, the Duplex release of The Last of Us [BCES01584] is giving me trouble and I'm not sure why. After loading the files into this app I downloaded BOTH the available IRD files online. Both of them have different hashes supposedly, but both of them come up as all files GREEN. After rebuilding the ISO and trying to play the game it will not start. It just brings me back to the XMB with an error. Why would both IRD files come up as all green? Aren't they supposed to be different? Also, if other people don't have an issue with this game if it is built using the IRD, why is mine giving me a problem? I just thought this is strange.

I am right now extracting the files to the HDD, and will try to use other eboots and param files from the official eboot give and take thread, but since this comes up as all green logic dictates that it should work, and that the other eboots should not have any effect on whether this works or not. I am seriously confused as hell here.

I am having the SAME problem with God of War Ascension USA Clandestine release. Again it passes IRD verification 100% and will not start giving an error instead. I am perplexed as ALL my other games work flawlessly so far other than these 2 games. Strange shit going on here. lol

5. 28
    BeRnYGP

BeRnYGP Loyal Member

Its important to have IRD files for playing online? I red that they are neccesary for playing online and you dont get a ban.

6. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Nothing is necessary, is it smart to t least check the rips, yes, but nothing is necessary, we played the first months online without any IRD verification. Even using an iso with IRD is no guarantee you won't be banned.
    Only playing original games and paying for everything you do will guarantee you you won't be banned.

But yes strange behavior as both my games work flawless. Checked with IRD but not build.

7. 28
    BeRnYGP

BeRnYGP Loyal Member

Thanks for answering.
    Is there something inside the rips that i must know? (Using the ird files?)

8. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

To prevent problems with the game due to changed or corrupt files we check them with IRD.
    You'll want to make them as original as possible, and it's a plus the files are original.

9. 67
    nirh217

nirh217 Loyal Member

Android Developer
    Hi,
    Just run into a blocker..
    I've loaded the game, "Ratchet_and_Clank_QForce_PS3-ACCiDENT" to the app (JB Folder) and loaded an IRD file.
    All enteries are GREEN, and the option: "Build ISO Without IRD (GenPS3iso)" is grayed out.. I can't select it..

Is that means that I have to build with IRD? or just a bug?
    The scenario is:
    1. loaded other game & verified with IRD.
    2. build to ISO.
    3. Without closing, loaded another game (The one above) and then load IRD
    4. result

P.S
    In the game: Battlefield 4-iMARS I have an invalid (Yellow marked) file name: "initfs_Ps3"
    It's inside: ..\BLUS31162-[Battlefield 4]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Data\
    And on the ISO-Rebuilder it shows with a dot '.' at the end of the file, like: "initfs_Ps3. "
    This is the only file missing, can I have this file please..:)
    Thanks

10. 14
    HIROS01

HIROS01 Loyal Member

How abt the ones with no IRD? Can it still be convert? because like Super Robot Taisen Z3 has no IRD in the website, then i try to convert ISO without IRD which is PS3GenIso but then it didnt do anything. Is there something wrong with it?

11. 73
    Danny99

Danny99 Loyal Member

What would I have to do in this situation. I've never done this before. Thanks

Kingdomhearts.png

12. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

So find the original files. ;-)
    The PS3UPDAT.PUP you can find here: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/284123-All-OFW-Versions-direct-download-links
    And request the others in the Vault if you can't find them anywhere else online or if they aren't in the Vault already.

13. 73
    Danny99

Danny99 Loyal Member

14. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

From the Vault, or another rip, there are some other Vault like pages that hold original files.
    Just do a Google search for the filenames and the Game ID.

15. 7
    SDVII

SDVII Loyal Member

University student
    help please

Hello and thank you for your hard work.
    i recently tired to use the "PS3-ISO-Rebuilder" , and i got a lot of invalid files as in the attached image, and you said that i should replace these files.
    Can you please tell me from where i can do that or how?
    Untitled.png

16. 3
    GonzoM

GonzoM Loyal Member

PS3-ISO-Rebuilder v1.0.2.9 use the older genps3iso v1.24
    Can you integrate genps3iso v1.25 ?

balou86 likes this.
  17. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

With so many invalid check if there are maybe more IRD files of the 3k3y website.
    If there are try another, this one might be invalid.

If not then you need to find a new rip somewhere.
    Or see if any of the files are in the eboot vault.

18. 7
    SDVII

SDVII Loyal Member

University student
    Thanks for your reply.
    I found some sites that have "fixes", and they seem to replace the yellow files.
    thanks again

19. 39
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Loyal Member

How do you fix PARAM.SFO back to original file ?

20. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

By using param.sfo editor from Aldostools and change the versions to the same like in the IRD.
    You can compare them in the blue bar if you loaded a game and an IRD file for the same game.

There might also be other options changed, it's a bit trial and error.