hit tracker

Tutorial: Offline installation of Updates(with pictures)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by DarkKitarist, Mar 7, 2014.

1. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    Hi guys,

This tutorial is intended for those who DO NOT want to connect their PS3 to the internet at all. This is for those who are paranoid and shield their PS3 from the internet like it is made of acid or something :D...

For the actual tutorial download the PDF file. The programs needed for this tutorial all have links in the tutorial file and in this post...

Since updates work even if you are not signed into PSN(or are banned) this tutorial is not FOR YOU :p...

Here are the links to the tutorial and the tools:

Tutorial: Link

IDC Link: Link

ILO Link: Link

PS3Update: Link

You can Alternatively use PSN stuff for updates and DLC stuff:

PSN Stuff:
    Link

Addendum(for games that work without the SWAP disc method):

1. You can leave all the games as a normal ISO, you do not need to convert them into 4.55.
    2. You can leave the cobra.cfg as is, with the 4.55 bypass line enabled.
    3. Follow the tutorial above but instead of installing the game first install the UPDATE FIRST!
    4. After you install an update just star the game as you normally would and it should work.

This tutorial may be used for PSN games and DLCs. But most PSN games will be in "demo mode" or not work at all (tried on about 30 games). I have not tested this on DLCs so if anyone is willing to try :D...

*******Disclaimer: I don't own the programs, I'm just the author of the tutorial nothing more!*******

PS. Any mistakes and suggestions are welcome :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    zcy85611, Esso, matija90 and 7 others like this.
  2. 23
    someonewhy

someonewhy Loyal Member

Great tutorial thanks man!

3. 4
    musawar

musawar Loyal Member

Thanks Good luck

4. 54
    aymensuhail

aymensuhail Loyal Member

i downloaded the pdf but there is no english language so that i can read whats wriiten please help

5. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Say what??? Are you saying that the .pdf is in some other language or that something else is wrong with the PDF?

Also I think that it has something to do with your computers local settings... The .PDF was written for people living in countries where the Latin alphabet is more or less the main way of communication... A European PDF Reader or something would be a good way to read the .pdf...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  6. 54
    aymensuhail

aymensuhail Loyal Member

i opened it in windows 7 word document 2010 it showed me all the languages except english

7. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Get your adobe reader(.pdf): http://www.adobe.com/ PDF's DO noT work with Word! :p Try again and it should work :D...

aymensuhail likes this.
  8. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

ehi man thanks also for this tutiorl but i got a little problem: when i open ps3 game updater and after i search for game ID and select the update i can't click on "check updates for selected games" coz i don't have this button..look this pic: http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=294jqcm&s=8#.UyQmz_l5NQ8

9. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Try downloading the update with PSNStuff if PS3GameUpdater doesn't work for you... Also since you are using the proxy... Why bother updating this way?

10. 6
    AvEncalho

AvEncalho Loyal Member

hi everyone,
    im new here and this is my first post

i joined the forum because it looks you are doing an awesome work, by the way... ty for everything i've learn here

i have 2 questions! first is... how can i say thanks, like those guys did
    Joonie86 (03-11-2014), SDeath (03-07-2014), someonewhy (03-08-2014)

and...

can i update my games via console if i dont have the last firmware?

i have a superslim 4k , ofw 4.53 (i didnt update because new boot system), cobra ode 4.20 qsv

sorry if im too noob... sorry for my bad english, and thanks in advance... keep up the good work

11. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Ok so first you need a minimum of 5 posts to get to press the "Thank you" button :D.

Then to move on to your other questions... You can use the proxy method to update your games to the newest version, without needing to be on 4.55 OFW... But also updates should work even if you are not connected to the PSN network...

Updating with my method is safer as you never connect to the internet, but the proxy method is also a viable solution...

12. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

I Will try the other program then Thanks.
    Well i used proxy for sync thophies, i should use also for patch? I don't want to risk very much really, what u suggest me?

13. 6
    AvEncalho

AvEncalho Loyal Member

thanks for the fast answer mate :)

14. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Well use the IDC method to update :D don't use the proxy... But if you're really lazy just use the proxy :D

No problem :D

15. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

Okay PSNStuff work very well, just Last question.. Can i install the patch before install game data or start the game for the 1st time? Or i need to start the new game before and after install every patch?

16. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

I always install the games first then the update... But I think that it doesn't matter.

Ps. Sorry for the wait :D. I'm not at home...

17. 54
    aymensuhail

aymensuhail Loyal Member

GUYZ please can u tell me whats proxy and what does it do and how can i install it in my ps3 superslim

18. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

19. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

20. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I know but at least they can't say we didn't warn them.