hit tracker

Tutorial: Using a Proxy to connect to PSN

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by DarkKitarist, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    Hi guys,

so here is another tutorial from me. This one will show you how to use and configure a proxy program to connect to the PSN network on OFW lower than 4.55. This method should in theory work on any PS3 with any OFW or CFW, but read the disclaimer below.

The proxy will enable you to use PSN and also play and update all games over the internet.

It's important that the connection between the PS3 and the PC is good enough, as a lag connection between the two will result in a bad gaming/PSN experience!

Also this is my status after 6 weeks of using the proxy to be online (Played GT6, Diablo 3 and Need For Speed Rivals): NOT BANNED!

MAYOR DISCLAIMER:
    *****Disclaimer: There is a high risk of ban (PSN and SERVERS from other gaming companies!) when using this tool and this tutorial. So use it wisely and do not blame me for your ban! Since I’ll probably be banned to don’t feel so bad :D where on the same boat!****

Here are the links to the tutorial and the tools:

Tutorial: Link

YAB Link: Link

Both are GoogleDrive Public links, the YAB link will open within the browser but you HAVE to download the whole .rar by pressing File->Download :D

Charles Proxy Link: Click :D

Addendum(only a quick one I'll add a more in depth tutorial when I have the time):

Why you should use Charles proxy? Some users outside of EU, US, JP can't connect to PSN using the YAB method.

Connecting PS3 with 4.53(probably lower too) to PSN using Charles proxy:

1) Install "Charles proxy", and run it on your PC (run as Admin just in case).
    2) In Charles go to menu "Help->Local IP", check your own IP, or start cmd and insert "ipconfig"
    3) In your PS3 network settings choose Manual in Proxy Server. Type your IP address (see above in 2nd step), type port - 8888 (or you can change to any other port in Charles settings) -> the same as if you would set the PS3 while using YAB
    4) Then check firmware update in PS3, but DO NOT UPDATE! Only check! Charles Proxy will ask you to allow your PS3 to connect. Say "Yes".
    5) In Charles on the left side you will see the request from your PS3 to playstation update site. Click on it. On the right side you will see URL to ps3-updatelist.txt. Copy this URL by right click on URL.
    6) Save a file by this URL somewhere to local PC. Like here - D:/PS3/ps3-updatelist.txt
    7) Open this .txt file and change all "4.55" to "4.53", save file.
    8) On the left side in Charles right click on ps3-updatelist.txt
    9) Choose Map-local
    10) Type local path to the file from 6th step (e.g. "D:/PS3/ps3-updatelist.txt")
    11) Test network connection on your PS3

Above is curtsey of kunzhutman so give you thanks to him :D

*******Disclaimer: I don't own the programs, I'm just the author of the tutorial nothing more!*******

The method doesn't work any-more.

PS. Any mistakes and suggestions are welcome :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Fakk28, chaos014, EmolyBQ and 4 others like this.
  2. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

Tested and works very well for me. Tested with wired connection. Thanks

3. 9
    Varea

Varea Loyal Member

thanks DarkKitarist by tutorial.un greeting from Spain

4. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

No problem :D Just use it wisely!

5. 6
    AvEncalho

AvEncalho Loyal Member

awesome work... ty a lot

6. 42
    Venseer

Venseer Loyal Member

Got stuck on the test as it gets to
    "Internet Connection", I get the error 80028EA6
    And when I try to get on the PSN, I get the error 80710723

7. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

If you are using Wi-Fi try using a cable instead... Also try restarting all your routers and stuff... If that fails go and turn off you anti-virus/firewall(both windows and other)... If that fails reconfigure your router so that it lets YAB trough port 27... If that fails then there is something wrong with your internet... PSN really doesn't like people with slow internet since I even heard some people getting banned for timeouting so much...

If all else fails write here again :D sorry if I need some time to answer I'm not always here :p

8. 54
    aymensuhail

aymensuhail Loyal Member

CAN anybody tell if i am banned will i be able to do it again.or can i switch to pcb in cobra ode to play online in real disc .and can u tell me how will i get banned

9. 42
    Venseer

Venseer Loyal Member

I think I found my problem, I live in Brazil, so I am not inside the supported regions? What if I use a US psn?

10. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Yes I think that PSN is regional... You have to use US if you are in Brasil. But I don't know how that works :p... Also when you restart your PC try pinging the following IPs:

and here's the US login server IP:
    and

Here's European PSN login:
    and

If your ping(time > *500ms) then your connection is seriously to slow... Also I'm sorry I cannot test what would happen in other countries outside of Europe I'm in Slovenia so I'm kinda limited :D

There are 3 kinds of ban... One is where they ban your PS3 ID and YOU CAN NEVER USE PSN AGAIN on that PS3 even without cobra. The others are when they ban your account, which can be fixed by making a new account, and the third one is a temporary ban where they ban you for like 2 or 3 weeks... So If you get banned for ever you can play normally offline but cannot connect to the PSN.

PS. I cannot tell you HOW you will get banned... I can only tell you that there is a big possibility that you WILL get banned :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  11. 6
    Nikko_

Nikko_ Loyal Member

Which difference to use Charles Proxy and this one? may be this is safe?

12. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Well I don't know does this also send a fake "I have the most current PS3 OFW" signal to PSN so you can connect to PSN without being on 4.55 OFW? Then it's the same :p if not then it's not the same :D

13. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

Uhm, so Sony can detect you are using a proxy or just you are not in the last ofw? Can we combine this tutorial with Charlie program for Block Sony urls?

do you think a normale cfw 4.55 with sen enabler/psn patch is more safe to use?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  14. 6
    Nikko_

Nikko_ Loyal Member

I try to combine this two programs, but when you run yab and than charles it said "another proxy is running" the same if you start charles first. So I decide to play with yab and don't block Sony URL.

15. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Don't know why you would block Sony URL's as the whole PROXY process is to give you access to Sony's stuff on the net... Defeats the whole purpose of using a proxy :p

Using a proxy makes your 4.53 or lower PS3 seem as though it's using the newsest OFW. So Sony cannot see that you have a lower OFW than the PROXY is sending them. Also the Ban Rules DO NOT state that using a proxy is prohibited. So I think that we are safe for the moment... Also you will get banned quicker if you use CFW...

16. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

Why you prefer use yab instead Charles? Yab and Charles are the different for something? s. I think is more safe Block Sony urls or not?

@darkk
    Do you think cobra ode 4.53 with yab is more safe than cfw 4.55 with Sen enabler and psn patch?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  17. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

Don't know what the difference is as I don't use Charles, but the YAB is a purpose made proxy whereas Charles isn't as it can be used for anything.

And my personal opinion is that yes it's safer to use YAB than CFW as you have to use games for CFW to play on CFW and Sony can see that :D.

18. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

So Sony can see any cfw but can't see the ofw 4.53?

19. 6
    Nikko_

Nikko_ Loyal Member

When you block some URL it's seemed strange I think because sony recive another info from you and some info are blocked , it's only my opinion and I don't know for sure, is it true))) that's why I use yab and another reason it's work faster for me I mean connection of internet.) I read somewhere on another forum, that you should first emulate game and after that turn on wifi! When you end your game session turn off wifi and after that off u ps3. P.S. Sorry for bad English it's not my native language:)

20. 29
    andyus

andyus Loyal Member

I see and i think the same, maybe you right about blocked URL but none can think what Sony do exatly