hit tracker

Twitter, Facebook and more finally hit Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 17, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    <strong>PRESS RELEASE: Media Alert: Come Join the Largest Social Network on Your TV! Facebook and More Are Coming Soon to Your Xbox 360! Xbox 360 continues to deliver the leading games and entertainment experiences.</strong>

REDMOND, Wash. — Nov. 16, 2009 —

What:

Unlock a world of friends, entertainment and games from the comfort of your couch, displayed on the best screen in the house, using Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE. Tomorrow, Xbox LIVE members around the world will have their Xbox 360 console transformed and plugged into the best value in home entertainment, with access to Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm and Zune video with instant-on HD, all right in their living rooms.

• Facebook.2 Update your status to share what movie, game or entertainment you’re enjoying, connect with friends, and view their Facebook stream, status updates and photos on the big screen — all seamlessly integrated and custom-built for Xbox 360. You can even compare your Xbox LIVE and Facebook friends lists to see which of your friends are on Xbox LIVE.

• Zune. Zune video on Xbox LIVE offers a full-fidelity experience with instant-on HD in 1080p and 5.1 channel surround sound. No waiting for downloads or buffering, it’s there at the press of a button. You can also share the experience with up to seven friends through voice chat and Avatar integration on the TV screen — it puts a whole new spin on movie night.

• Twitter.2 Stay in the know by discovering, posting and replying to tweets right on your Xbox 360. You can even view friend profiles, trends and conversations, or search to see who’s tweeting about your favorite game.

• Last.fm. 2 Discover more music and explore endless personalized radio stations with Last.fm on Xbox 360. Skip, “ban†or “love†tracks to create your perfect mix. We’ve even built in “Gamer Stations†with game-related types of music selected specifically for the gaming community. (Available in the U.S. and U.K.)

Don’t have an Xbox 360 console? Now, more than ever, Xbox gives you great ways to stay connected and share fun and entertainment, starting at $199 (U.S.).

Why:

Microsoft is continuing to evolve Xbox LIVE to bring more games, more entertainment and more social experiences all from a single device. As a Gold member on Xbox LIVE, you get access to Facebook, Last.fm and Twitter, providing you with a pipeline of content that is always being updated and refreshed. For just over $4 per month, Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is hands-down the best value in home entertainment.

When:

Launching on Nov. 17

1 Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and Netflix unlimited subscription plan required for Netflix instant streaming. See Netflix Terms of Use for details about Netflix service.

2 Xbox LIVE Gold adult account required to access these features. Xbox LIVE Gold Memberships are just over $4 (U.S.) per month.

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 17, 2009.

1. 0
      NakedFaerie

NakedFaerie Guest

Facebook and Twitter are both free on PC, free on PS3, free on iphone, free on everything else but you have to pay for gold to use it on 360? Are M$ retarded?

Well, they wont be getting my money after banning me last week. I will be making more money from them as I now have gold membership tickets to sell.

2. 85
      dragonjud

dragonjud Loyal Member

I'd say good for them for banning you. At least you won't be on there annoying the rest of us, like you are here constantly. :eek::p

3. 313
      DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

I see it as more of a perk for subscribers. I dont think anyones going to sign up for Gold Membership to use Facebook.

I had a look before, couldn't find the option and no update, not sure if it's up yet?

4. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

oh joy, more pointless extra's that offer no benefit to gaming. I hope this is implimented like the Sky player, as in they are optional installs so as not to waste HDD space on this drivel. Never seen twitter, but I hate facebook with a passion as it just seems like another way to turn people into hermits, the missus is adicted to it tho. Now if they added skype, that would be far more usefull, especially if it used the camera.

5. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

As long as its not shoved in my face I dont care, not going to use it except maybe last.fm to get some free songs if possible.

6. 313
      DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

ooh that Facebook is well implemented, you can see and add the friends who are on Live.

7. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

Still no internet browser in the year 2009? ffs even Wii and DS and PSP got one...

8. 313
      DunnyUK

DunnyUK Loyal Member

PS3 has one too but IMO that's one thing that definatley should stay on the PC because it's a load of **** on a console.

9. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

And they are slow clunky last resort if you are desperate to go on the internet approaches (at least they are on my Wii, PS3 and PSP, no idea baout the DS). On the handhelds i can see the point if you don't have an internet phone or PDA while you are out, but if you are able to complain about the 360 not having the internet then you clearly already have superior access to that of every other format on a PC/MAC. I can do without that thankyou, unless it is somthing that benefits my games, which i doesn't.

10. 488
      RiPPn

RiPPn Loyal Member

The only reason i have ever used a console browser is when we have company over to the house and we heard about a funny video on youtube so we pull it up on the home theater so everyone can watch, other than that they are pointless.

11. 776
      poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice Loyal Member

the new features are implemented well even though they are a little bit pointless. Last.FM though is great!

12. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

I don't need it, I wouldn't use it, its just bullshit to integrate facebook and whatnot and not have a browser. This is the case where there is no excuse to not have what the competition has, especially since Ms does make browsers for Windows/CE/Mobile. Maybe they are pulling an Apple waiting to introduce a browser with the next Xbox or maybe with Natal with voice and gesture navigation, tadaa look what great feature we bring to you that the competition had for the last 5 years.