hit tracker

U.S. Judge: Digital music can't be resold

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by GaryOPA, Apr 2, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  1. 25,394
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Court rules ReDigi MP3 resales illegal.

[​IMG]

A US judge has ruled that 'ReDigi' breached copyright by allowing customers to resell their digital music.

As you may remember, online marketplace ReDigi wa battling against music giants over whether digital music can be retraded after it has been legally purchased.

Well, an U.S. judge has now ruled that they've breached copyright!

As reported by the BBC:

It looks like this ruling could have broad implications for digital reselling...

What do you think?

NEWS SOURCE: Technology #22000668 (via) BBC News

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by GaryOPA, Apr 2, 2013.

1. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      so. its war then.

eu says reselling digital content must be allowed but the corrupted states of america follows what its owners say and crushes the rights of consumers yet again lets just hope the eu has enough backbone to ban sales of any digital content that cant be resold.

1 person likes this.
    2. 0
      wiggim

wiggim Guest

Ownership is defined as the possession with the right to transfer possession to others. If I no longer have that right, do I in fact actually own it?

3. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      no and that is exactly what digital distribution is all about, removing your rights and increasing profits for greedy companies who then use that money to corrupt politicians in order to get them to push more laws to remove even more of your rights.

1 person likes this.
    4. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

It's a shame the CD is dying with nothing physical to replace it, not only is DD mostly inferior to the physical item (e.g. itunes only offering a lossy format) but you also have fewer rights.

I just wonder how long before they try to ban the second hand market entirely though? After all what's to stop me ripping a CD and then selling it?

That said, they have tried, I once bought a CD which had protection on it I didn't know when I bought it...fortunately my good ODD could bypass it.

Personally I'm not surprised that those in the industry would be against this though, they got mad at the idea of someone in the UK having the legal right to make a personal copy.....surprised they haven't sued MS and Apple.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    5. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

He may as have just said, "Go pirate your music instead". Reselling digital copies is at least a legit way of passing it on, you would think the very fact that it is a means not to pirate would be a good thing, but instead it proves the theory most of us have had, well if you could call it a theory as it's baltant fact, the entertainment industry aren't bothered by piracy as they can't really put a figure on that, the thing they really hate is second hand sales as that is somthing they can put number on and tell themsleves thats lost sales.