hit tracker

Ubisoft has 10 games for Natal, just half for Playstation Motion

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 1, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Ubisoft has let slip that it will have around 10 games ready to hit Project Natal during its early months of release. Moreover, they also revealed that they will have around half that number of titles compatible with the new Playstation motion controller.

<blockquote>
    When new motion control technologies launch for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3, Ubisoft will be ready with a significant slate of titles.

CEO Yves Guillemot revealed the publisher's preparations for new input devices today on Ubisoft's fiscal first half results call to investors, and said the company's prepping almost double the number of games for Project Natal as it is for Sony's orb-topped, yet-unnamed motion wand.

"We have around 10 games that will come for Natal during the first six months of the launch of Natal, and we expect between four to five games for the new controller [from] Sony," said Guillemot.</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26288/Ubisoft_Preparing_10_Titles_For_Natal_Fewer_For_Sony_Motion_Controls.php" target="_blank">Gamasutra</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 456
      Nomad121

Nomad121 Loyal Member

Oh god, Its like the Wii all over again. This time you get triple the shovel-ware in 2010.

2. 2,211
      Cue

Cue Loyal Member

"That's the picture at the moment; it can change in the next 12 months," he noted, adding that about 70 percent of that planned slate will be comprised of new IP, and most of those titles will be "casual games."

I wish they'd stop using the word casual and tell me what the hell the actual games are about, puzzles? Fitness?

3. 512
      mcmanic

mcmanic Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      i'm so excited i cannot wait for this new motion control stuff :rolleyes:

4. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I'm hoping that's not the case... but the realist in me tells me you are right. Oh well, as long as they don't dedicate more than 60% of their efforts to this whole motion control thingy we should be good.

5. 141
      Shadow_Satey

Shadow_Satey Loyal Member

To Sony:

If they go back and implement the Oblvion controls with the PSwii motion wand, I'm all on board!

6. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

And next year, it'll be 2-3 games for both Natal and PlayMotion. The year after that... 0.