hit tracker

Uh oh, old Sony PSP exploits work on new PSP Go

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Zeus, Oct 5, 2009.

By Zeus on Oct 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Freeplay has confirmed that a number of unreleased PSP exploits DO work on the PSP go meaning Sony have not done their security jobs properly. Apparently the exploits have been floating around for a while and work on ALL systems and ALL firmwares.

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S16S-8o0pkE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S16S-8o0pkE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center></a>

<blockquote>Sony always seems to be desperately fighting against the homebrew community, trying to block us out of the systems we spent lots of our own cash on. Sadly, these guys really can't catch a break. I've already managed to update an exploit to work on the Go.

HERE'S THE BASICS:

Yes, there are unreleased PSP exploits out there for various games. Yes, they still work, even on the PSP Go.

No, I didn't discover this exploit. It's been floating around for a while; it was just never used.

NO, I *DO NOT* plan on sharing any useful details about this. I want to see how long this will fester before Sony finally figures out how to fix it. That means I won't be sharing the files or even naming the game I used to do it.

Yes, it works on all systems and all firmwares.

No, it's not going to lead to custom firmware, piracy, or a Pandora for the Go. It can't write to the flash at all. It's user-mode only.

Oh, and if you think this is a hoax... look at the video, and notice the version.txt file from OFW 6.10.</blockquote>

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Zeus, Oct 5, 2009.

1. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

dumb dumb device.

2. 231
      xxsnipexx

xxsnipexx Loyal Member

No Occupation
      Home Page:
      http://www.unigaming.net
      Its Gripshift im telling you....and/or even medal of honor heroes could be used..

3. 893
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

What's with this asshole telling the world that he can hack it and then not want to tell anyone how? What a fucking douche. No one cares anyways because the go sucks.

4. 1,952
      CZroe

CZroe Loyal Member

Security guard and student
      Home Page:
      http://
      It doesn't take a genius to realize that he's waiting for a user mode to kernel mode exploit. Why release the menial one so that Sony can close it before it leads to something better?

Also, it sounds like YOU care... enough to complain at least.

5. 231
      xxsnipexx

xxsnipexx Loyal Member

No Occupation
      Home Page:
      http://www.unigaming.net
      What this tells me is that we will use CFWE (Custom Firmware Enabler) in the future :D

6. 0
      XstahSie

XstahSie Guest

n00b

We all know that any progress is worth mentioning since the very first 1.00 firmware (JP) and 1.50 (US) firmware. Maybe something that you had missed out on. So, even with User-mode access, it is hope for the PSPgo and PSP-3000 because it could lead to Kernel Mode access which I'm sure you'll be happy to see.

So... please appreciate and shut the hell up. n00b!!! :)

7. 3,353
      cory149

cory149 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://nds.cmamod.com
      I personally would like to see the Go! fail, my own reasoning being that the PSP is hard on my hands, the slim harder, the Go! impossible - that doesn't even touch on the fact that most of the games I would like to play should have had a second analog-like stick which they have yet again failed to introduce (even if it was just a digital interface for the XO buttons, and yes I could do it myself but I've paid enough to not want to do their job for them) in this model.

If an exploit was released or even tentatively going to be released there would be a surge in sales and $ony, the dumbasses that they (or their statisticians) can be, would point to that as a success - not to mention the 3rd party profiteering on the game the exploit could be released on. Don't get me wrong, I love PSP simply because it's what I wish GBmono was back when I was a kid (though for some reason the only game I've appreciated as much as the FF series on GB is Astonishia Stories) - but I TRULY don't care for the whole model they are trying to introduce - buying things that you can't sell if you no longer want it -> at or even near retail (in box, resaleable) prices.

Rubbing it in their faces though, a few days after retail release - priceless. Go FreePlay! :)

8. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

sony usually only patches/fixes exploits that are known an have been used before.

so of course these unreleased exploits are gonna still work if they aren't released to the public.

i don't think many care tho, nobody is buying the go unless ur an idiot.

now if these lead to cfw on 3000 then that'd be good news, but apparently that won't happen.

9. 1,223
      B2K24

B2K24 Loyal Member

I also would like to see the go fail. At least when slim was launched we got X2 ram and nand space. This new unit offers nothing in terms of hardware upgrade to important things like cpu, ram, etc.
      Even the screen is smaller and it seems to be a cheaper plastic toy like unit.
      no pro duo support FU
      Thank god i can still buy used slims left and right for about $60-70
      might be worth it to stockpile a couple.

10. 7
      graveyardd

graveyardd Loyal Member

good to see that someone is working hard on it. I will be buying once it is fully hacked ;)

11. 118
      gman112287

gman112287 Loyal Member

I Have a psp 1000. I'll Probable do the same.