hit tracker

Unofficial REBUG Updater (AIO) 2.00 released

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Feb 18, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Feb 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM
  1. 25,463
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    by bitsbubba

With this new version you will be able to spoof your 4.46 REBUG firmware on PS3 to the recent version of 4.55

[​IMG]

We have been informed that a new version (v2.00) of the popular tool REBUG Updater Unofficial has been released for your hacking pleasure.

Here is the full changelog for this version:

Get it from the link below.

NEWS SOURCE: Unofficial REBUG updater (AIO) v2.00 by bitsbubba (via) PSX-Scene

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Feb 18, 2014.

1. 2,773
      PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Hey Bits, I saw some older version were bricking, is this one safe?

BTW I have your old spoofer installed is it safe to install on top or should I completely remove it, I figure I should remove it thats what I'll do if i dont here from you. Softbrick i can fix, permabrick I cannot no flasher.

2. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

all seem well, just remember to install REX from "Normal" mode only, LITE for LITE FW and REX for REX only. <----reasons for soft bricks, user errors :)

PatrickBatman and gDrive like this.
    3. 211
      ransom

ransom Loyal Member

Hi guys. .

Anyone know of any difference between this and the official 4.53 rebug will be? I think I'll wait for the official, in the meantime might read some feedback on this. I've been on spoof 4.40 rebug and never had any problems

Nvm I see they're updating to 455 now so longer wait

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    4. 2,773
      PatrickBatman

Yes wait for 4.55 prolly now and the main difference between this and the CFW will be the cobra features, plus whatever new features 4.46+ OFW has and any features rebug decides to add, if any. The spoof/updater adds NOTHING to the CFW except making XMB read higher version and generally fools PSN (until they fix it), but prolly wont fool PSN anymore since sony's being even bigger dicks now (IDK why since PS4 is out, might as well leave ps3 alone)

Jock O'Strap and ransom like this.
    5. 2,773
      PatrickBatman

What do you know just like your last updater my blu-ray playback doesn't work, going to try what I did last time to see if it'll make it work. :(

UPDATE:

And yes what I did last time worked again hahahaha which is:

6. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

weird as I said before, mine installs the same files, I'll take another look @ his again :confused:

7. 2,773
      PatrickBatman

Idk, like I said back when you released the first one, I've installed a lot of spoofers, cinavia patch/fixes & CFW for testing purposes and for recovering from testing softbricks hahaha. So it's prolly on my end. I would have to format my internal and start fresh to actual test this, but since what you're doing is just a temporary thing itself and I'm at 4.55 and blurays work, I'll just wait for Rebugs CFW like ive been doing or another one of your updaters. (I hope you don't have to make another rebug updater, not because I don't appreciate it, hopefully you know what is released before you have to do that ;))

Oh and has this happened to anyone else out there, meaning after install, updater works but bluray playback does not?

8. 211
      ransom

ransom Loyal Member

I'm on rebug 4.30.2 with 4.40 spoof and my bluray player works and cinevia is disabled automatically.

9. 734
      bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

actually we're speaking of the BD Cinavia patch that HABIB did in his CFWs

STLcardsWS likes this.
    10. 2,773
      PatrickBatman

What happens is when I play a bluray from XMB screen goes black resets into the screen that changes screen resolution and ask to plug in PS3 controller. Then eventually I have to press the home button on that screen that reads it'll try and reboot back into the XMB but if it can't I'll have to reinstall the firmware. This time it was able to go back to XMB both times I tested without reinstall, I remember on your first updater/spoofer though I had to reinstall my firmware at some point. But like I said I "fixed" it, just letting you know what happens exactly.

And i still ask the question, "Oh and has this happened to anyone else out there, meaning after install, updater works but bluray playback does not?" By updater I mean either one of Bitsbubba's Unofficial Rebug Updaters.

bitsbubba likes this.