hit tracker

Unofficial RetroArch Builds - UPDATED 3/3/13 - New Cores!!

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by pete_uk, Jun 6, 2012.

1. 11
    bropesda

bropesda Loyal Member

Yeah suppose I'll have to wait, even thought the suspense is killing me ;)

Edit - I think I know why it black-screens, doesn't it require android 4.X? My devices are flashed with custom rom's based on android 2.3.

2. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

I'm not sure what the requirements are, I know it works on ICS and JellyBean though.

3. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    Pete, I'm wondering if you could send me the android build to try, my Atrix HD isn't rooted (I would, but it's under warrenty under my in-laws stuff, so I'm being extra careful with this baby lol) so I don't have the SixAxis program on my phone, but I have a program that lets me sync a Wii-remote to the phone, and it will pick up the Classic Controller when it's plugged into the wiimote, so I'm wondering if it might work in the stead of a PS3 controller.

That and I'd love a single unified emulator on my phone, instead of my SNES, NES, GBC, GBA emulators.

4. 847
    pete_uk

Give the APK I posted earlier a try (http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/thre...1-12-0-9-8-BETA3?p=63928&viewfull=1#post63928).
    Square committed this the other day, so you may be in luck :)

5. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
  6. 847
    pete_uk

No problem :) Let me know how you get on.

7. 7
    psicotron3

psicotron3 Loyal Member

I just updated the CFW from Kmeaw to Rogero 2.03 and used the version of retroarch posted above.

But I can´t get the any neogeo game to run (fba core). It just gives a message saying "error loading rom" and it´s only for neogeo games, other games (double dragon) runs fine on fba core.

Tried with a lot of neogeo games and have the neogeo.zip on the same folder. Those sames files worked on previous versions/CFW.

Also confirmed that the "rewind" option is "off".

8. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Well, I've posted this on the Retroarch forums [http://forum.themaister.net]

Source: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=204

[hr][/hr]
    Dafuq - "unexpected end of archive"?

Bloody Crunchtarded attachment system! :mad:

I was planning to test this as well! :(

Oh well, after a few download attempts, I've managed to download it properly - here's a mirror in case the attachment-based archive doesn't download properly - http://www.2shared.com/file/7vyTF0qh/orgretroarchbrowserModuleActiv.html

9. 65
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Loyal Member

Grocery store stocker,MILF hunter, cougar bait
    1. What rom set are you using (game and bios)? I believe RetroArch requires 0.145, but a few versions higher or lower usually doesn't matter (I think).

2. Try putting neogeo.zip in both the /system folder and the folder where you have the game.

3. In my experience, Neo Geo roms seem to be prone to bad dumps - that is, one or more of the files in the zip are bad. Try "acquiring" the rom from another site. The PC version of FBA will tell you what files are bad; so will MAME, if you load the rom from the command line.

If none of this works, then I'm stumped. What game are you trying to play? Perhaps I could try it on my system, or maybe someone here has already got it working (or not).

A last-ditch plan would be to try the game with one of the standalone PS3 arcade emulators - this is exactly why I haven't deleted any of the standalone emus.

10. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Most likely it is incorrect Bios. you need a neo geo bios that file size is 1,404KB, I would try that first.
    I would use neogeo roms from MAME romset 0.145. I wouldnt use anything else.As we know those work for sure. but in alot of cases its the bios.

Works in either location not sure if it will cause issues having them in both locations.

11. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

CaptainCPS-X Loyal Member

Computer Technician
    Hiyas guys, just posting to see if anyone could help me out with a problem compiling RetroArch for PS3, im currently stuck compilling RGL.

I been compiling apps for a while using the Sony SDK, maybe I'm missing some libraries? I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance :)

This is what I get:

Code:
    Utils/NameSpace.ppu.o console/rgl/src/Utils/NameSpace.cpp
    In file included from console/rgl/include/RGL/../export/RGL/rgl.h:9,
                     from console/rgl/include/RGL/Types.h:7,
                     from console/rgl/src/Utils/NameSpace.cpp:1:
    ./Cg/cgGL.h:108:21: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h: In function 'CGresource rglGetBaseResource(CG
    resource)':
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:287: error: 'CG_B' was not declared in this sc
    ope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h: In function 'int rglGetProgramProfileIndex(CG
    profile)':
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:527: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_TYPEB' was not
    declared in this scope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:527: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_TYPEC' was not
    declared in this scope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:527: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_RSX' was not de
    clared in this scope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:529: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_VP_TYPEB' was not
    declared in this scope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:529: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_VP_TYPEC' was not
    declared in this scope
    console/rgl/include/Cg/CgCommon.h:529: error: 'CG_PROFILE_SCE_VP_RSX' was not de
    clared in this scope
    make: *** [objs/console/rgl/src/Utils/NameSpace.ppu.o] Error 1
    I tried to find reference to those on SDK 3.40 and SDK 3.60 but is not there (used Visual Studio file search tool).

Once again, thanks!

SeeYa!
    :)

12. 847
    pete_uk

It looks like you have not got the Nvidia CG Toolkit installed, I haven't got my install files available at the moment but I am 99% sure it is included with all of the Sony SDKs.
    If your still stuck let me know and I'll dig the installs out :)

Also, Retroarch has now been officially released for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsIm9yZy5yZXRyb2FyY2giXQ..

Thanks Square, TheMaister and all of the Libretro Team :)

13. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Oh and btw, something is indeed going on with the NeoGeo roms, I cannot load them as well, I verified them on latest FB Alpha (Windows) and they are running good, then I tested the same on FBANext old build (r435) and got them working without issues.

I did some extra testing and copied the neogeo.zip all around, .../USRDIR/neogeo.zip.../USRDIR/system/neogeo.zip.../USRDIR/cores/neogeo.zip.../USRDIR/cores/system/neogeo.zip ... and no luck.

The roms are located at /dev_hdd0/ROMS/fba/

EDIT: Everything ok now, just made a clean install of the new official "RetroArch PS3 - v0.9.8" and the issues has been solved, didn't have to copy any roms or do anything tedious, just Plug & Play :)

Thanks to Squarepusher for this awesome release! ^__^

SeeYa!
    :)

14. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Yea i always have recommended a clean install on ps3 versions of retroarch. i always seem to have issue installing over.

Also CaptainCPS-X i took your resigned Eboot (thanks for that) and added it in the regular installation and rePKGed. So you can give this link out anywhere if you like. Includes all docs/readme files

RetroArch 0.9.8 ps3 3.40-4.xx
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1awd718ptzisy7a

No credit back needed, i did the easy part. :)

15. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Hahaha I've done that as well - it's in the self-extracting archive, but I'll front-page your repack as well! :p

Oh, and does this repack have the Snes9x SELF as well, instead of the PRBoom SELF named as Snes9x?

16. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Has a 360 build been release too?

17. 65
    jawgee

jawgee Loyal Member

Pretty please? :)

18. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Just checked his twitter, no news about a 360 build but I'm sure it's on the way. :)

19. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

i talked to him on RA forums via PM about something. and he said he is working on getting Xbox 1/360 builds out.

20. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Thanks man :), I posted the new complete package, I appreciate it.

Btw, I downloaded and installed the NVidia Cg Toolkit but after doing a search for references of the undeclared macros I can't find them there :(.

I will appreciate if anyone could help me out to succesfully compile RetroArch for PS3, maybe I could help in some way with a few code improvements / additions at some point. So far the only problem I have is that build message when trying to compile RGL as stated here:

https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch

in this section:

Im stuck on step 2.

SeeYa!
    :D