hit tracker

Unofficial RetroArch Builds - UPDATED 3/3/13 - New Cores!!

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by pete_uk, Jun 6, 2012.

1. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

I have just made a build for STLcards with the correct SNES9x_NEXT core using the latest commits from the Retroarch and Snes9x-next Github repos without an issue, so it must be a problem with your SDK installation.

I use the exact same steps you described:

make -f makefile.ps3.salamander
    make -f makefile.ps3.rgl
    make -f makefile.ps3 pkg-signed

The only difference is I use the 4.00 SDK so have to modify the elf to work on 3.40+ and then I sign it with SCETOOL.

2. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

CaptainCPS-X Loyal Member

Computer Technician
    Do I need to have PSL1GHT setup as well or does RetroArch just depends on the PS3 SDK ?

I think I'm just gonna give up LOL, tried to acquire the latest SDK but just was able to find Phyre Engine xD

I'm used to make Windows application and work on the official FB Alpha along with IQ_132 and Treble Winner (Barry), but I been trying to hang around the PS3 scene for some time now trying to learn and collaborate with what I can.

These days I got motivated to start coding again, so that's why I been bothering you all this time today LOL xD, I apologize for that hehe.

If I'm able to to finish building a simple RetroArch I will collaborate with anything I can :).

EDIT: Good news, I will soon have SDK 4.0 :) , I will try with that one, lets hope I don't get any compilation errors haha!

SeeYa!
    :D

3. 847
    pete_uk

PSL1ght is not needed, Just the official SDK :)

4. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

CaptainCPS-X you have a PM :)

5. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Thanks! :D , I'll be my pleasure!

SeeYa!

6. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Man I'm getting frustrated, after getting the SDK 4.0 and searching for reference to "CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_TYPEB" and similar defines, I cannot find them there.

Does anyone know what header has this defined? I will appreciate the help so much, google doesn't have anything, it just show up RetroArch source code, and my own post mentioning these issues, but there is not one place where it says "#define CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_TYPEB" (or similar defines needed as well).

Just to be clear, I have NVIDIA Cg Toolkit, the latest one, and I did not find any reference to "CG_PROFILE_SCE_FP_TYPEB" in there as well.

Do I need an old release of NVIDIA Cg Toolkit or something? I usually don't have this much trouble to compile a simple program...

SeeYa!

7. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Wow LOL!, I just removed the whole RetroArch directory acquired from from GitHub and made a fresh clone and now everything is working fine haha!

Time to play with the code at last! xD

SeeYa!

8. 847
    pete_uk

It's often the simplest things :D

9. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Hiyas once again :), I will greatly appreciate if you could help me with a little something.

If I wanted to launch fb_alpha.SELF via exitspawn(), what arguments does it expect?

I have tried passing a couple of combinations of arguments and it just black screen, I made sure I signed the SELF correctly as well since multiMAN launch it correctly (multiMAN doesn't load any ROM correctly however).

This is what I'm doing in my test application (I trigger this by pressing START button after my application loads):

Code:
            char* argv[2];
            memset(argv, 0, sizeof(argv));

char szfbaROM[] = "/dev_hdd0/ROMS/fba/mslug.zip";

int len = strlen(szfbaROM);
            argv[0] = (char*)malloc(len + 1); strcpy(argv[0], szfbaROM);
            argv[1] = NULL;

exitspawn(
                (const char*)"/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/fb_alpha.SELF", 
                (char* const*)argv, 
                NULL, 
                NULL, 
                SYS_PROCESS_PRIMARY_STACK_SIZE_512K
            );

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

SeeYa!

10. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Well I was able to sort out the black screen issue, it was just a bad configuration file. RetroArch cant handle invalid / non-existent initial ROM paths, it just crashes / black screens.

I am now able to reach RetroArch with the previous "exitspawn()" module, now I'm just trying to figure out what RetroArch is expecting as arguments to actually load a game on the fly.

I tried using this format: [rom file] [options...] (Example: /dev_hdd0/ROMS/fba/mslug.zip -L /dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/fb_alpha.SELF), ending with "argv[1]" as rompath, "argv[2]" as "-L" and "argv[3]" as Libretro core path.

Again, I will appreciate any help :)

Thanks!

SeeYa!

11. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Never mind guys, perseverance is the key! :) I was able to fix the problem.

SeeYa!

12. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

bump i just think is good info. i think a bump is worthy,

maybe im wrong, but worth a bump either way

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  13. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    Hey guys.. just wondering if the dynarec execution has been ported to higher fw yet?

14. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Nope it has not, I know someone who is working on it. but they could use some help.

This is something that would open up alot of doors, and a great advancment for the scene

15. 50
    PS3emulators

PS3emulators Loyal Member

MAME would be great!

16. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I would suspect the following to improve with a dynarec.

PS3sx
    Mednafen_PSX (could run full speed)
    A better DosBox
    A better MAME

Then even perhaps:

Saturn emulation,

Nintendo DS (there is a libretro build but not for PS3 but i suspect could be a reality if a dynarec comes)

Even a n64, but we would need to find a powerPC build to port. Once there is a proper dynarec in place, or if emulateMii team has a build ported like that have said that would work, as they claim to be missing only the dynarec.

and im sure more possibilities I am not thinking of...

Hopefully with a group effort we can make this a reality.

@Cyberskunk is this something that Rebug could possiably try and implement in the future?

17. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    Its almost reality guys just hold tight :)
    Sad that it hasn't been done before now.. can you imagine how far along the emulation scene would be now if it was ported when 355 came out

18. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I know that the emulation aspect of the scene is going to see some exciting stuff soon.

A dynarec would just put it over the top :)

19. 65
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Loyal Member

Grocery store stocker,MILF hunter, cougar bait
    Regarding PS3SX - how good was/is it? I could never get it to work. Presumably, it was because that it was compiled with an old SDK specifically for 3.41 only. (Squarepusher's old emus used to come in 1.92+, 3.41, and 3.55 flavors, and the 3.41s never worked on my 3.40 machine either.) This is also probably why Yabause never worked for me, either. I tried this "new" version linked in the post, but it said I needed to update to 3.56, I don't suppose editing the PARAM.SFO file from 3.56 to 3.40 will get it to work, or even if that's a good idea (possible bricking?)

I ask because Iris Manager has been in the news recently for adding PS1 ISO support. But unlike MultiMan, it doesn't work on systems like mine stuck on 3.40 OFW. Retro PS1 gaming isn't a priority for me (my PC runs ePSXe just fine), but if I can add PS1 emulation to my PS3 experience, I'm all for it.

20. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Pete_UK has updated his unofficial RetroArch build just recently to 0.9.8.4, with a few new work-in-progress cores - read the first post for more information.