hit tracker

Unofficial RetroArch Builds - UPDATED 3/3/13 - New Cores!!

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by pete_uk, Jun 6, 2012.

1. 65
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Loyal Member

Grocery store stocker,MILF hunter, cougar bait
    New cores are always a good thing, even if they are WIPs.

Do we need some sort of wad for tyrquake, like we need for PrBoom?

2. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Nice Compile @ pete_uk..

The cave story i just played a bit of, does seems like a fun game however.
    I have been playing Quake alot the past couple weeks.

This had me stumped for a bit so i though i share,
    hold triangle and move left stick to look around.. :)

not wads for quake. but .pak file(s)

3. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

http://techbliss.org/forums/roms-games.122/ ;)

Yeah, It's a fun little game, It gets hard though :) I've been playing the android version quite a lot, It's more polished than the PS3 port and SFX work fine.

I was going to mention that, but forgot lol :D I have spoken to square about this and he is going to look into dual analogue support :)

4. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/
    Is the new build you made of Genesis Plus GX you just compiled in this version as well? I ask as I don't want to loose support of those games as I am really into Pier Solar ATM on my big screen all cleaned up and no scan lines. Either way I could just add the self file but as always I thank you for your work.

EDIT

Tested it is the latest 1.9.4 but still says 1.9.3 in Genesis Plus GX so games are still working fantastic. Thanks again, not like I was worried as I had the build you compiled still on my HDD.

5. 65
    JediKnight007

Wow, Quake is quite impressive, especially considering it was originally a DOS game.

No music? Does it need external MP3s like PrBoom, or is music not implemented yet? I suppose I can extract the music files from the pak and convert them, like editing Doom wads.

Oh, I was looking at the RetroArch site, and initial dual analog stick support had been added to consoles. :)

6. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

It's good isn't it :) I had played quake before, a long time ago on a Pentium 1 with 3DFX but never got into it that much.
    I've played it a hell of a lot recently though :)

No music support at the moment and from what Square has said to me, it is not a priority and as you have background noise in quake, I don't feel that you miss it much anyway.

I haven't had a chance to recompile and try the dual analogue controls yet, hopefully I will have time when I get home from work tomorrow morning :)

7. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/
    Pete_UK your buids are greatly appreciated and I hope to see more of your work but the last build I am still excited about the ability to play Pier Solar and the Super Fighter games now with Genesis Plus X.

8. 65
    JediKnight007

To get the mission paks to work , you must put the mission pak 1 PAK0.PAK in a folder called hipnotic, and mission pak 2 PAK0.PAK in a folder named rogue. It took me a while to find that information, so I'd thought I'd share that.

Since we have Doom and Quake now, how about Heretic/Hexen? Hermes did ports of these back in the early scene days (HHeretic and HHexen). As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many retro first-person shooters. :)