hit tracker

VRoBIT (aka) MSX3 will be Presented at the next RU MSX in Barcelona

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 27, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Nov 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM
  1. 25,431
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    RU50 -> First Beta Prototype of the project MSX3/MSXVR with the brand name - VRoBIT

The developer Alberto de Hoyo continues on the right track on finishing the first prototype and he has recently updated his blog with new information, regarding his ongoing MSX3 project which he first mentioned of two years ago at the RU48 MSX event.

[​IMG]

The most important has been renamed to the computer, and now will be known as MSX3 to VRoBIT . The second is that the first prototype will be shown on December 3 at the 50th MSX held in Barcelona.

I for one will be following this retro project more closely, for one it using the rare V9978 graphics processor, and I myself had bit of chance to work on it back in the day, after I produced the Ti-Image-Maker (TIM) for the TI99/4a using the V9958, the next step was to go ahead with newer board using the '78, but sadly Yamaha/LSI switched up instead to the V9990 which was not backwards compatible.

Anyhow, it is still great to see so much development going on in the MSX world after all these decades, it is for sure retro loving at its very best, much like the recent FPGA version of the TI99/4a using the also rare TMS99105 CPU, that we posted about earlier. :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://albertodehoyonebot.blogspot.com.es/

NEWS SOURCE: El MSX3 pasa a llamarse VRoBIT y será presentado en la próxima RU MSX en Barcelona (via) RetroManiacMagazine

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 27, 2016.