hit tracker

WARNING! 3Ds Gateway reseller Teensy.co.uk won't answer me!

Discussion in '3DS Resellers & Services' started by lordgnat, Apr 3, 2014.

1. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

Hello everybody, I've bought my 3DS gateway cards from teensy.co.uk for £58, the cards arrived at home, when I tested them, by following all the guide lines in the gateway manuals and videos, they didn't work, not even the reading 3ds light blinked, yes, my cartridge slot is working, I tested it with a 3ds game, and my system version is in 4.5.0.

I went to their website, and contacted them with the all the steps I took, to install the CFW gateway and I even tried older versions such as 1.2, 2.0b1, 2.0b2, I tested 3 types of microSD cards but nothing worked, so I came to the conclusion that the cards were faulty. Today is the third day and I have no answer from them, I'm getting worried because I spent a reasonable amount of money.

Can some one please tell me, what can I do next? because they are a gateway official reseller, any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. 239
    Fuzion9

Fuzion9 Loyal Member

I bought mine from them along with many other things like xkey etc. Never had any probs. They don't always reply straight away but they will get back to you. Does the blue card work ok? Did the GW exploit install ok?

3. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

No Fuzion9, it didn't install, it didn't even show up on the screen, and every time I tried this message would appear: "there is nothing inserted in the game card slot".

4. 100
    skipclick

skipclick Loyal Member

What speeds your micro sd cards they high spec like scan disk ultra or Kingston in blue card?.

5. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

Well skipclick I don't really know the speed, I know that one is sandisk microsd card, and the other is Medion, and the third is a generic brand. Why? do the speed effects the Gateway CFW emulation?

6. 239
    Fuzion9

Fuzion9 Loyal Member

Strange?? Maybe your blue card is defective, If you can't install GW to begin with. There is no telling if your red card works or not. Try format your sd again Fat32 default cluster. If no luck get hold of another microsd. Good luck.

7. 15
    proandi

proandi Loyal Member

I ordered mine from them, it was just before Christmas so maybe a different batch but works fine. I suggest trying another card to load the exploit (blue card) does your red card have the same pins on the back as the one on the Gateway website? Hopefully that should wok fine

8. 239
    Fuzion9

Fuzion9 Loyal Member

That's when I ordered mine from them & i've had no problems what so ever.

9. 38
    Jpwinks001

Jpwinks001 Loyal Member

I ordered mine the beginning of February and I also had no problems. Just keep emailing them. They will get back to you. They are slow as heck tho...

10. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

proandi, yes the red card has the same pins as shown in the 3ds gateway webpage, its genuine, I'll contact them again today, its been 4 days and no reply. lets see if I have luck for next week, I thought this gateway resellers were serious people, I'm starting to doubt that...

11. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

I did that default format already fuzion9, and it doesn't work, I tried 3 different microSD cards already, now I'm sure its the damn faulty gateway cards bro. I need the teensy staff to contact me, 58 pounds for some faulty cards, come on! and in their site they say they have a full year warranty, how good is that if they don't answer emails??!

12. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

Do you have access to any other readers?

13. 1
    jigmenyima

jigmenyima Loyal Member

Problem with Teensy.co.uk!!

I ordered TWO Gateway 3DS cards from them and didn't hear ANYTHING from them for weeks!!! Then they finally replied saying they were on holiday or something and then shipped via the PATHETICALLY slow Royal Mail (guess it is Royal mail... still stuck in Victorian times!) which took ages to arrive!!

All in all it took more than a month to reach me! And the best part is that one of the cards bricked girlfriend's 3DS XL!! Perfect!!

I would suggest for Gateway to remove them as their official reseller from their list.

14. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

its not the reseller fault that the console was bricked....that lies squarely at gateways door
    ...ps i offer a unbrick service in the uk :barbershop:

as for the OP have you even installed the exploit? it sounds like your just expecting a game to pop up when you insert the red card....do you get to the gateway menu or is it the blue card that is not showing up....i know its not perfect but if you can borrow a 4.x compatible NDS card the red card might be perfectly fine, i do agree teensy could really do with some work on the communication, it's like trying to communicate with the dead at times, but if you can at least get the exploit installed using another NDS card, you will be able to use the gateway card still and worst case scenario, a replacement NDS compatible card can be bought for around £5 so its not too bad in the grand scheme of thing

15. 1
    uojess

uojess Loyal Member

i ordered a gateway from teensy last week got it in a few days no problems
    card also running fine on omega

16. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

gamequest1, no I didn't install it, I put the Fat32 formatted microSD card in the blue card with the Blue Card (R4i) files in it in the 3ds plus the launcher.dat file in the normal 2gb FAT32 formatted SD card, and nothing happened or showed up, I tried different microsSD cards, sandisk, medion and another one, nothing, I tested the cartridge slot with a 3ds game it worked perfectly fine, so I concluded that it's faulty. Thanks for NDS card tip, it's a hassle but its an option anyway.

Good news everybody, they finally answered my email, saying that they would replace the blue card, but I didn't test the red one, so I'm not sure if both of them are faulty, so I send an email back asking for the replacement of both, let's wait and see their reply now.

17. 21
    wh4t3v3r

wh4t3v3r Loyal Member

This same problem happened to me 6 months ago, when i bought mine from them, it took about a week to get here from liverpool, (i live 25 miles away, i know its not all there fault)
    The red card would just not work at all, i contacted teensy but never heard back from them for nearly a week, at first they wanted me to test everything, which i had already done, still i was waiting on there emails, but i decided to contact them via Facebook page ad within a day or 2 a new one was getting sent out to me, but this new one has just decided to die on me when i updated it with the new omega firmware, as the fpga keeps failing now.

if you search on here some of my old post mention it.

18. 13
    lordgnat

lordgnat Loyal Member

fpga? I don't know what that is bro, but try contact them again, I know it's a pain in the ass most of the time, but it's worth a shot and maybe you can get a new one. Yeah, the only problem until short time ago I was having with teensy staff was that, they wouldn't answer my emails, I was getting really annoyed by it, but thank goodness they replied, and today I've sent the faulty gateway's cards back, now I'll just have to wait for the new ones to arrive and hopefully get this problem sorted out for good.

19. 84
    Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Loyal Member

Google is your friend. I know, I had to Google it myself :amused:

FPGA= Field-programmable gate array

WIKI Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field-programmable_gate_array

I've been waiting patiently for another gateway card from RealHotStuff for 3 weeks since it was dispatched. They said 2-3 weeks, so I'll give it some more time.

20. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol i paid 3 dollars to upgrade my shipping for realhotstuff and got my card in 3 days