hit tracker

What is the official way to run PS2 .iso on latest rebug REX 4.84.2?

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by sprocket123, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 2
    sprocket123

sprocket123 Loyal Member

I am a total noob, I am very confused by rebug and this is my first post so please bear with me.

So I have a PS3 Slim, v2100 or similar (sorry I don't have it with me at the moment). It was on version 4.82 rebug I believe so I downloaded the latest lite release thinking it was the best thing to do (I believe its 4.84.1). I installed it from USB, everything went fine and easily.

Not knowing in what state I left my PS3 off last time I did a restore to reset it to factory defaults. That worked fine, and I had a clean slate.

Then I got multiman from brewology and installed the latest base version of that. My sole purpose was to play Persona 3 FES with the widescreen patches, so everything I am doing so far is for that.

So on my PC I get the P3 FES ISO and apply the patches to it using the patcher exe tool and .psnach file.

I turn on FTP on multiman, transfer the ISO to HDD 0, in folder PS2ISO (I had to make it, it was not there).

Then the youtube video I was watching on how to play PS2 ISOs on rebug said to get the rebug toolbox, to I got that, latest version (Rebug Toolbox (multi23) v02.02.13), installed it from USB, and launched it.

It was meant to have to PS2 related settings that I would change but I found none.

Desperatly looking on how to make it work I went back into multi man, saw an entry for the P3 FES ISO under retro and clicked on it, it said do I want to make it into a classic? I said no at first, but not seeing anything else I could do I then said yes, it took a while and made it, now I had 2 of these CD icons, I clicked it and the screen went black for ages...

I had to turn the console off using the power button.

So, please if someone could tell me what the correct way (today) is to use the widescreen patched ISO I have and play it on my PS3?

Thank you.

Extra questions:
    I noticed, there is even another version of Rebug, v4.84.2 REX, should I update to that?
    What is Cobra? It seems from reading that the PS2 stuff was removed a while back, but how to make it work now?

2. 2
    sprocket123

sprocket123 Loyal Member

After a few more hours of reading, I am reading about webMan Mod, now apparently this thing is meant to mount the .iso files, and also about cobra 8.1, which is meant to have support for the ps2 iso format.

So do I even need multiman?
    and is the webman mod part of rebug or does it have to be installed separately?
    and is the classic launcher necessary?

I think I understand the config thing, its basically a package of some sort which adds extra compatibility to the games.