hit tracker

Whats the best options for playing backups on a PS1?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 2 and PS-One Discussion' started by deltax5, Feb 2, 2018.

1. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I think I am getting a ps1. I have a ps2 with ps1 on the harddrive but it doesn't play imports that way and the fact that it's running on a emulator bothers me, but havn't found any issue's as yet thou. Im getting whatever ps1 model has the best rgb input most likely the psone i think.
    I have seen those boot disks around, that you put some sort of stoper and switch the disk. It seems alright I guess. But I still have some problems with protection games. the guy mentioned there are codes or something to get them working. I was looking at the Breaker Pro Modchip Disk but there are others. What one is the best and where do I find them that is a reliable seller?

A mod chip is a option for me now since there is a couple of rgb installer stores i know of. Maybe they can install it for me, I just don't know if they will agree to it. Or maybe a site that sells them pre installed. I may do this if there is a mod chip that plays any game protected or not.

2. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I hope there is a way to play policenauts translation by burning it on a disk.

3. 25,409
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    The best is to get a chip installed, either a simple one like i released, or a newer one with AP coding in it.

The install is easy, only 5 to 7 wires, very easy to do, and you can program them very easy yourself using 12c508 or the newer pic version.

As for installer, that is tough these days, most of moved onto newer systems, where abouts are you located?

As for protection there is a few sites still with patches on them, but if its a newer modchip you should not need the patch, unless you converting a game from PAL to NTSC then you need a 50/60hz selector patch screen added to the disc.

4. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

im just going to get the MM3 modchip one. I hear it's a stealth. And I find the whole system modded for about 100 dollars which doesn't hert me. Only cause I won the work lottory. it was only 140 bucks but this will be a nice gift for myself.
    as for cds am I good with 700mb or do I need 800mb like some dreamcast games? I read a forum I googled saying the Taiyo Yuden/JVC cd-r are the best one's to get. I may get the 100 pack. That should be more then enough. Wonder if the dvd-r the same brand are just as good for burning games.
    The thing is I can boot ps1 games from the ps2 but only problem it doesn't play imports. Main reason I gotta get a psone. plus I hear that is using a emulator. I don't understand why a emulator would have copy protection or why they try to remove the protection all together wile programing. Whatever. I don't know how to do that stuff, wish tehy would figure out to load ps1 games off the harddrive of a ps2 using the ps1 hardware in it with regan taking out.
    I hope I get a reply by sunday night so I can make my order. I am may as well go full out now I already have a framemiester gotta get those scart cables :)
    Im in toronto. I know a RGB modder store but there expensive. maybe they can do the chip for me on the down low but 100 dollors for a system and modded and controllers doesn't bother me much.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I ment why a emulator would have regain protection. I load ps1 games from the ps2 harddrive at the moment.

6. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I ordered the mm3 off ebay. It was a bit more expensive but it was from a more reliable seller. He cleans the consoles aswell. Hope it turns out well.
    Just gotta rip the cds I have on the computer. I bought policnonts just for this hope the translation patch works. Works on a emulator.
    Still gotta know what cd's are best.

7. 25,409
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I had good luck in the past when i was dealing with psx and burn cd's, using the Sony brand itself.

There even 'black' cd-rs available on ebay, that look just like the 'real thing'.

Also 700mb ones are fine, you don't need extra-length ones like on the dreamcast.

And make sure you use a good solid cd-burner program that can handle the bin/cue files with all the audio tracks, and extra data sometimes added. CDRWIN used to be gold standard but it rarely runs on today's gen of burners or windows os's.

8. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

shouldn't I be fine with imgburn. I will try CDRWIN. wouldn't alcohol 120% work.

9. 25,409
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Yeah, Alcohol 120% is good choice for the tricky images.

10. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Just dl CDRwin the latest version if that matters.
    Went digging throu google about what cd's to get. Some say get the Taiyo Yunden and the poster linked to some CNC Taiyo Yunden brand. then another poster said that CNC brand are no good. I am so confused. The JVC are pressed by Taiyo Yunden an I think the sony's are also.
    They pretty much said that Verb AZO, Taiyo Yunden and JVC are the one's to get for the best results. I think I can check the manufacture where it was made in imgburn but id have to buy the cd's first and im planning getting a 100 pack or something so I don't want to get alot of bad one's.
    I found this usfull site. wondering if there correct.
    http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_cdr_media.shtml
    I may just get the sony's only cause it's actually cheeper then the other cd's on amazon.ca and you have experance. Are the sony cd's on amazon.ca good one's?

11. 167
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I used CDR win burnt mvc and put it in ps1 and it just stays on the ps1 logo. burnt another with imgburn works. now I tried burning Castlvania SON and got a error wile burning but burnt the remainder of the disk it seems to work fine in the ps1. Is this normal or will I have issues wile playing the game?. Is there settings I need to use for cdrwin?