hit tracker

Why Nintendo Needs More Female Protagonists

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jul 2, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Jul 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM
  1. 25,217
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    52% percent of all Gamers are now Female, but Nintendo does NOT seem to Care about that Fact at all!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was met with a warm reception when it was announced at E3, but not every fan was happy with the choice of protagonist. All the rumors of Female Link were False!

[​IMG]

During Microsoft's E3 Press Conference they made a big deal about the fact some of their new games had strong Female Leads, but critics are still upset at Nintendo that come E3 all the rumors regarding them finally doing a Female Link in Zelda didn't pan out!

So what do you think, is Nintendo failing to see that the make-up of gamers has switched over to include alot of females?

NEWS SOURCE: Why Nintendo Needs More Female Protagonists (via) NintendoInsider

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jul 2, 2016.

1. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

This opinion piece posing as an article is so full of flaws at every angle, I don't even know where to start. Link doesn't have have to be female, Nintendo does not have a representation problem, and girl gamers don't have to play as girls to have fun. I know this because I don't have to play as a male to have fun.

2. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Nintendo needs more protagonists in general, regardless of gender. Lack of 3rd party support is hurting them.