hit tracker

WiiKey Releases Official Statement on Recent Leaks

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jul 5, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Jul 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Early UKey Pictures Leaked on PS3Hax

WiiKey developers have released a statement about recent leaks like 'Browser Exploit' and the 'UKey Pictures' to help Nintendo Wii U owners to understand what is currently happening in the Wii U Scene

[​IMG]

Recently, the Nintendo Wii U scene has been going crazy with news.

First WiiKey U is announced, then the Browser Exploit, then Cobra UDE announced, then UKey Pictures leaked, then Mario Kart 8 (on-the-fly kernel RAM hacking), and then rumors that ODE's have been cancelled, new ownership, all this news has caused the heads of Nintendo Wii U owners to be spinning around faster then barrel rolling down the hill thrown by Donkey Kong himself, Mario is in a real panic mode now.

Well some good news came today from the developers behind WiiKey U ODE device, they have released this official statement regarding the recent leaks of their upcoming product for the Nintendo Wii U console:

As for WiiKey U itself, its still coming along, there has been no change of owners, all tho some other team members have been moved around and are now working other projects, the ODE itself is still coming along slowly, with a possible name change and other key improvements to the overall design.

No word yet if they will hit their target date of Early August, but if PS3 ODE's is anything to go by there will always be delays, even the Cobra UDE is currently just a 'website' and 'features', there not even any 'pictures' to leak of it yet!

So Stay Tuned, the Wii U scene is just starting and its already been a crazy ride and more fun then a lap around MK8! :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jul 5, 2014.

1. 43
      NotHere

NotHere Loyal Member

Makes sense there bro. I am very sad about this. I was ready to go :). Pre orders and everything. :(

2. 49
      mich_e_l2000

mich_e_l2000 Loyal Member

3. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    4. 49
      mich_e_l2000

mich_e_l2000 Loyal Member

Thanks , is there any hope in hacking wii u .. everything comes to dead end , wii u key , cobra ude and finally the way to extract the cpukey ,,,, nothing new after these steps ....do u expect that they can make it ????

5. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      There is some real things slowly happening, I hope to be posting some good Wii U hacking news after this weekend!

Mysterio33 likes this.
    6. 53
      ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

This is good news. Just hearing from a trusted source that something is happening is GREAT news.

7. 43
      NotHere

NotHere Loyal Member

I hate to get my hopes up for no reason :(! But I hope it's good :). Will be here like always waiting.

8. 9
      alivehippie

alivehippie Loyal Member

Longest weekend ever ;-)
      I keep on hoping, keeping my fingers crossed!

9. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Yep, keep your fingers crossed and legs crosses and toes, but it is coming but I doubt we see any news officially until the New Year or shortly their after, things are moving slow thru the holidays.

Mysterio33 likes this.
    10. 43
      NotHere

NotHere Loyal Member

Hi. I read in another forum 2 people mention that they heard something coming out soon (or so) but wouldn't say anything else. Can you elaborate if you heard anything? It is if a secret?

Mysterio33 likes this.
    11. 2
      jucost

jucost Loyal Member

Hello,

Wiiu seems to be already fully hacked............

Wiiu is not interesting for homebrews developers, should we forget hack and ODE for the future ?

http://wololo.net/2013/05/13/fail0verflow-the-end-of-homebrews/

"On a side note, and maybe only to prove that it’s really lack of interest but not the lack of skills that was driving his blog post, Marcan disclosed lots of information of fail0verflow’s ongoing hack of the Wii U, stating that they have fully hacked the Wii U, to a point where “there is basically no security left to break in“. The article includes snippets of code, probably enough for people of the trade to move forward, but that will confuse the general audience who’s generally not versed into the fine art of C programming and hacking."

12. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      That is old news, they might not care, but others do, since then alot of more info has been published and people have released the WebKit Exploit that allows alot of shit to be done in userland as long as you on a firmware lower then 5.1.1

In the meantime slowly things are moving forward with a ODE and there will be news released on the progress before the end of this month.

Mysterio33 likes this.
    13. 53
      ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

I like this. Can't wait! I would of course love a good old fashioned hack tutorial but I'm not opposed to an ODE either. Just was having a hard time keeping hope alive :)

14. 41
      JxLoader

JxLoader Loyal Member

Awesome news mate, cant wait for an ODE to finaly come out. As in 2015 there seems to be good year for the WiiU, great games are incoming so this should be a ride :)

15. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Now that GW 3.0 update is finally starting to appear, first stage got released today, hopefully within a week we will see the news about how/what/when is happening with the Wii U ODE.

16. 3
      ksmods

ksmods Loyal Member

in what way the GW is connected to the WII Us ODE stuff ?

17. 41
      JxLoader

JxLoader Loyal Member

Alright, really good things are happening, cant wait to plugg my WiiU back in, sorry to say but it have just been collecting dust for a long time now!

2015 seem to finaly be the year for us conole gamers to be really happy, wonder how long before/if any news about a PS4/Xbone ODE :D

18. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      I only know bits and pieces right now, and mainly because the factory in China currently producing the GW carts. is also has been recently contracted to produce the Wii U ODE boards.

I hope to get all the info together in the next few days so I can release the news.

ronopotomus, NotHere and Mysterio33 like this.
    19. 53
      ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

Now that's fantastic news. Thank you for sharing what you know. I have been reading and asking all over the net for someone to just tell what they know and got nothing. Thank you so much and it just reaffirms my reason for coming here.

20. 2
      jucost

jucost Loyal Member

Hello

Thanks a lot for these good news

However it will be better to see something like tutos and even better to play with something ;-)