hit tracker

Will the new firmware brick the Gateway?

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by meathead42, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 20
    meathead42

meathead42 Loyal Member

I have not been using my 3DS system for the past year plus and am out of the loop. I am running 11.2.0-35U on emunand and everything is working fine. Do I need to update my emunand to the latest firmware for the newer software work? Are there any work around to keep this card working like using games that have been trimmed?

My system nand is running on 4.5.0-9U.

Thanks!

2. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Hi just seen your post. I use gateway for my daughter and you have to fallow few steps to do that. Now there is a instruction on this forum to update it to 11.6 https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/unofficial-gateway-3ds-emunand-v11-6-0-39e-u-update-packs.46211/
    I do not remember how i updated one of my cards to 11.7 after that. I think that someone just added that as an update to that method above I hope I still have that update on my hdd if you can not find it. It is important to have 11.7 cose i tried to update my 11.6 and got black screen after that then i found a program for backing up your emunand and backed up my emunand and copied my both cards micro sd one and sd one which was enought to make any mistake now. I used my Sd what got a black screen as a test then and restored my emunand from other card which was on 11.7 and it worked then i updated that through the system while being on gateway emunand and now I have 11.9 on it but the eshop gives me an error when I am trying to download an update for the game. Maby because my old 3ds is Eu and the game is Usa version do not know that. Now when I search for the game in cia format I have to make sure it has an update in cia aswell and I install it with Fbi. I forgot to say that you have to backup your nand in a first place using your gateway and copy that in few places cose it is very imortant. I hope that helps :D

meathead42 likes this.
  3. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

I forgot to say that i was using a freeshop before and I deleted that before updating to the newest software cose it stoped working anyway. I do not know if that supports all the titles cose the newest game I installed was pokemon ultra sun and luigi's mansion 2 on it.

meathead42 likes this.
  4. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Another tip would be backup all your saves with a program Checkpoint or JKSM. If you do that you can restore them after reinstaling the game. I was able to retrive a save file from pokemon X which was on gateway in 3ds format but couldn't go online with it. I got a pokemon cia and injeckted save then using only JKSM and now can go online. The choice is yours I just showing that Gateway 3ds does work on 11.9 which my daughter likes it and you can have more space through that (using 2 memory cards).

5. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

I found it how to update Gateway to 11.7 psxtools website. I hope it os ok to post the link happy updating. https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...iginal-GATEWAY-Card/?postID=721984#post721984

Hope that there is someone who can repair (make a patch) of eshop thanks and have fun with our outdated Gateway. Maby there is someone who is able to retrive the updates from the new systems and we be able to update in the future.

meathead42 likes this.
  6. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Now after doing a bit of reading I found another unoficial way to update the system and had a try myself. It looks that it is working so far and you do not have to update through the system. I can see that tbere is noone interested anymore aspecialy I spend multiple hours to reserch that project :(

meathead42 likes this.
  7. 20
    meathead42

meathead42 Loyal Member

Thanks much, I was able to upgrade to 11.7. Do you know how to update to the latest firmware?

8. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Now there is someone interested I assume You did backup everything like your nand, emunand, and two memory cards just incase. Cose if you get a black screen you can always restore your emunand and you will have all your games back. I deleted a freeshop when I was on 11.7 cose was not working anyway and some people were saying that that aplication for updating the system manualy was cosing a problem for them sysupdater which i deleted aswell you can always reinstall it. Then i went to settings like I said in above replays if you read them you know. While being on gateway mode you go to settings and update it normally to 11.9 as a normal 3ds but you have to be in gateway mode cose you updating emunand then. It worked for me on 2 cards. I done second one cose had not enough space on it

meathead42 likes this.
  9. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

I am talking about 2 Sd cards just incase you ask:D

meathead42 likes this.
  10. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

If anyone wonders I use fbi for installing cia type of games while using gateway that is the reason for using big Sd cards cose the new games are getting bigger. With cia you can go online and you do not have to change heders. So far everything works apart from eshop and you have to make sure you download update of the game with the game if there is one:D

meathead42 likes this.
  11. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

As far I can remember no one else mension that you can install cia while using Gateway card. It looks that was my idea :D just to try it and it worked. Now everyone is recommending to move to godmode9 but it is a bit confusing to do aswell. Give it a like if you heard that from me or maby you did it yourself as me

meathead42 likes this.
  12. 20
    meathead42

meathead42 Loyal Member

So you are telling me that now i am on emunand 11.7 it is safe to use the Nintendo servers and update emunand to 11.9?

Thanks!

13. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Yes that what i have done twice and it worked for me if you read more and have a backup there is nothing to be affraid cose you can use your backup and restore your emunand. Read the above answers please.

14. 20
    meathead42

meathead42 Loyal Member

It worked, thanks much for your time!

15. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

You are welcome try cia files aswell and let me know if you find that patch for eshop:D