hit tracker

WIN!!! The official Porsche 911 Carrera steering wheel for PS3 & PC

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jan 14, 2011.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 442
    Notorious9i6

Notorious9i6 Loyal Member

The number 1 reason why the fanatec wheels are the best for Gran Turismo 5 because the force feedback depicts how the road feels, how the car handles, it's simply amazing.

3. 7
    SnakeHunter

SnakeHunter Loyal Member

They are best because they make "Gran Turismo 5 : The Real Driving Simulator" become "Gran Turismo 5: The Real Driving Experience".

4. 1
    clasik

clasik Loyal Member

THis porsche 911 wheel is no doubt the best steering wheel for real world experience stimulator for the Gran turismo 5 because the force feedback and how you can control the car's motion and curves, there is nothing like it. It really feels like you are driving and you can actual feel every movement that the car makes. This steering wheel is outstanding, by far top notch quality ever made.

5. 13
    -=Diablo=-

-=Diablo=- Loyal Member

Fanatec Wheels are the best for GT5 because they are the most realistic and youd think your actually sitting at the wheel of a real vehicle

6. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

I can't comment on why this Fanatec may or may not be suitable for GT5.
    But I think it's a given that Fantech are a notch above the Logitech G2x Series in terms of Quality (If not for their ClubSport Pedals!).

The fact that you can adjust things like the DeadZone in the Wheel (and, presumably on the ClubSport Pedals as well?), as well as the strength of the Force Feedback effects are in my honest opinion A STROKE OF PURE GENIUS!!

Again Win, loose or draw this Competition, One thing is still currently the case, and that's the simple fact that THIS WHEEL IS NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED UNDER GT5!
    And this is down to the shared politics between Polyphony Digital, SCE and Thrustmaster.

And, for that I'd personally would skip this and add the ughh (loud there Website), spring the extra 90.00€ and get the GT2 which unless I miss my guess, has;

Wireless
    PC / PS3 AND XBOX360 OUT OF THE BOX!

Yes Fanatech are a bit pricier then the Logitechs' but compared to the joke that PD's/SCE's/Thrustmaster T500RS the Fanatech suddenly becomes an amazing bargain.

Considering what I dropped on my G27, I wish I had looked a bit harder at the (or for the GT2), I only purchased the Logi, cause I had seen the G25 way back when and liked it, and since I truly L O V E my Harmony One Remote (also Logitech), I was sadly expecting more then I actually got.

But, I can't really fault Logitech for Polyphony Digitals' lame political Games. I do however blame S0NY for crapping over their Licensees such as Fanatech and Logitech, to just push some overpriced one trick pony that, just (wouldn't you know it WORKS with GT5. Where as everything else save the DFGT do not.

7. 255
    buddha

buddha Loyal Member

Number one reason is ... it gives you that sheer driving pleasure youd expect from playing gt5 with a steering wheel, when you put down your controller and pick up this baby:D

8. 447
    urmaster

urmaster Loyal Member

**** if I knew I wouldn't enter the competition FFS.

9. 137
    Ravenheart

Ravenheart Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.ravenlabs.org
    Passion for feel and realism, Fanatec.

10. 5
    mypetfrog

mypetfrog Loyal Member

Vorsprung durch spaß

Not having one, I'd say THE best reason the Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera steering wheel is the BEST, has to be that currently I absolutely SUCK at GT5, but when I get one (hopefully free) I am going to kick some racing ass. Hey I can use it on the PC too. How awesome is that. Suck on that Logitech! :p

Vorsprung durch insgesamt Spaß !!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  11. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

I wonder if all these People with the caned it Feels so great actually have a clue as to what they are talking about, I mean I would kinda expect the GT2 (A higher end product then the 911 Carrera mind you!), to be slightly better then the G27.

But, the bigger question is HOW MUCH BETTER?
    And why do I suspect that the answer is but, marginal at best?
    The only thing that Fanatech have going for 'em are the out of Game settings which actually make having Setting for (of all things), GT5 kinda redundant.
    And since you also have the Face Buttons ON THE WHEEL!!
    Then remapping the Buttons should also be a breeze.

The only downside is that this Wheel would set you back a cool 160.00€ for the 911 Carrera PLUS an additional 199.00€ for the ClubSport Pedals.
    Thankfully they ~should~ come with an adapter so you could use your G25/G27 Pedals.

This of course precludes the fact that you actually own a G25/G27 to begin with.
    The Optional Shifters for 50.00€ (Both Sequential and H-Gate), seem very reasonable for the Price. But, where I might be able to forgo a Shifter, I suspect I ain't gonna go very far without a Gas Pedal.

So could you "Feels SO G R E A T..." People please stop parroting each other?
    If you have something genuine to add it would be great!
    Perhaps from someone who has both a Fanatech and a Logitech Wheel?
    Whats your take on it?
    Is the Fanatech really in a whole new level when compared to the G2x?

12. 1,511
    Robotron

Robotron Loyal Member

My #1 reason? Fanatec has been making wheels for 10 years now and were the first to offer high tech wheels to Playstation users. They are developed in Germany and the level of quality control and design creates a wheel that is unrivaled in today's gaming market. You should seriously try one out and then you'll know.

13. 5
    broxboi

broxboi Loyal Member

Fanatec wheels, closer to realism, original concept, the ONLY driving experience.

14. 2,358
    QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

It's the best because Fanatec is the best at what they do--like Wolverine is the best at what he does.

15. 10
    gsx95

gsx95 Loyal Member

This Fanatec wheel is the best because it might be free!

16. 78
    hoagie_one

hoagie_one Loyal Member

#1 reason is because...who drives with an analog stick?

17. 432
    ASSPOP

ASSPOP Loyal Member

Fanatec wheels are best for GT 5 because they have a bad ass force feedback system.

18. 501
    Ligerbomb

Ligerbomb Loyal Member

This wheel is the best obviously because it looks pretty nice and isn't that expensive.

19. 41
    mrthong

mrthong Loyal Member

because it looks as stylish as the car i drive on GT5.

20. 20
    SyianZi

SyianZi Loyal Member

--
    In general I think the overall reason this wheel if best for GT 5 is purely down to feel. The way the player feel's while driving in that game, the anticipation and excitement! The work done in both racing games and wheels these days is obviously taken very seriously, but none more so than these two. GT5 is fantastic, the driving physics, enviromental elements and overall graphics just make it a joy to play and experience, and Fanatec wheels only add to that. The quality of these products are second to none, and frankly, setting one up and having it infront of you ready to play, getting ready to go around a track the way it's meant to be done is a fantastic and unmatched feeling. So if any reason should be most important, it should be the fact that the level of enjoyment is amplified with a product like this, the feel, satisfaction, adrenaline and entertainment are what really drive the fun into gaming! This truely does just that!