hit tracker

Women Are Just Prizes In Video Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 31, 2015.

By GaryOPA on Aug 31, 2015 at 8:21 PM
  1. 25,237
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    You can't ignore the latest video from GamerGate's biggest enemy!

Swelling breasts, revealing costumes, wet turtle smooches: These are the rewards you may be used to seeing in your favorite video games.

[​IMG]

Almost two years now I think we are in, and GamerGate debate is still rolling along a full-speed, and here we are again with yet another entry in how bad women are in video games, that they are just placed in the 'game' for men to 'win' and are really not useful at all.

So after watching the video attached below, what are your thoughts, is she 'right' or is video games not as 'bad' as GG says it is?

NEWS SOURCE: Women Are Prizes In Video Games (via) HuffingtonPost

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 31, 2015.

1. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      She's just jealous because she's useless PERIOD.

2. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

She is not gamergates biggest enemy, not unless she is claiming that journalistic ethics are to be ignored, which even tho she reads a load of scripted crap, I know she isn't advocating things that break the journalistic code of ethics, not that she has to as she gets her money handed her by her sheep. If gamergate has a "worst" enemy, it's little kids and trolls talking BS and claiming to do so on behalf of gamergate.

She is nothing but a mouth piece for Mcintosh so he can add some validity to his feminist theories by having a woman speak them, who uses gaming as an easy target to get attention after movies and TV "criticism" got them nowhere. She can't even speak on either subject without a script he has prepared for her, and there is plenty of video proof that she is a fake that strangely never gets used in the media even tho it's easy to find. The only time she can speak without a script to read from directly is when she is playing the damsel in distress card and even then it's rehearsed.

The only thing she is useful for is just like this article, for click bait, as anyone with a modicum of common sense loathe her as neither her nor Mcintosh will open their claims for discussion as any good scientific study would (kind of proving his claims are just opinions crafted to get maximum attention, not facts) as it leaves them open to easy rebuttal, just as those with no clue think that loathing her validates her claims even tho she should be doing that with healthy debate.

Mind you I get the impression mentioning gamergate is click bait as well as it never has any relevance to it in any shape or form. You may as well put ISIL in there as well and claim she is there worst enemy as it would be as relevant and just as likely to get more clicks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    3. 436
      Jock O'Strap

Jock O'Strap Loyal Member

if it's any consolation, men don't think of real women as prizes.

gDrive likes this.
    4. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

I don't know why these women want to game with us guys. They need to get back in the kitchen and make us food because that is all they are good for (and I can't make a sandwich if I'm holding a controller, yelling like a 13 year old at the other COD players)! I wish she would learn her place and just shut up!

Is that how I'm supposed to sound like being a dreaded "misogynistic" gamer? *sigh* can we please just ignore her. She's obviously using the same logical fallacies as Jack Thompson, but at least Jack was obviously wrong and didn't turn gamers against gamers. Jack also wasn't a scam artist like she basically is.

5. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I'm really surprised this is still going on. Just when we think we've seen the last of her, here she is again.

6. 128
      EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter Lesbyterian (N2Elite Mod) Clean-Up Crew

USPS Full-Time MH
      Home Page:
      http://www.TheChocoKitty.net/shop
      I'm almost embarrassed to be a woman with her spouting this. The ONLY thing that I think there should be more of is just being able to play female protagonists, and even that's not that much of a problem to me. If the story is fine tuned to the guy, that's cool, though more of it being able to fit a woman would be great.

7. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I agree, the female protagonists we've seen lately have been top notch. Anya Stroud, Samus Aran, Cortana, a lot of the women from the Resident Evil series, the Last of Us, the toned down Lara Croft, those have been great games. There are so many more as well. Haters gonna hate I guess.

gDrive likes this.
    8. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Because it gets her attention, I'd be surprised if she doesn't carefully calculate her release schedule.

9. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

Well then, let me express my appreciation for you. I've played and loved games where I'm not even human, and so many people seem fit to shout angrily about the gender they are playing as without any other regards to the game. Yes, some diversity would be fantastic, but unless the gameplay or story actually calls for the diversity, then it's a moot point. Crying about it makes you look like a petulant child, and I'm out of patience for hearing them.

10. 128
      EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter Lesbyterian (N2Elite Mod) Clean-Up Crew

USPS Full-Time MH
      Home Page:
      http://www.TheChocoKitty.net/shop
      Thank you? Seems you know exactly what I was going for but I'm just little confused on the last part, though I'm pretty sure it's not directed at me, lol.

11. 25,237
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      PolyGon upset the new Mad Max video game does not include a Female Lead Character.

But seems if you are good enough and play the game for at least 3 hours, it will unlock a bad ass female character.