hit tracker

Wondering about the Mii exploit

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by petch, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

We've seen it working with SonyUSA's now-removed guide. But it never surfaced, and I believe this is down to games that use Miis not functioning with the exploit?

Surely the exploit could be installed on sysnand, rendering Mii-related games unplayable on sysnand, but you could have a 'clean' emunand where all games work?

2. 47
    katz

katz Loyal Member

Yes, that was the case.

3. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

So what's stopping my idea from working?

4. 69
    Jiro

Jiro Loyal Member

Some things carry over from SysNAND to EmuNAND if you have them linked. Could the mii data for this be one of those things? (I tried just creating a Mii and it did not carry over, but we don't know how the exploit works--maybe it uses something that does carry over.)

5. 400
    joedogg

joedogg Loyal Member

The Mii exploit video back in Nov, had no emunand. That could be why they stop working on the Mii exploit.

6. 69
    Jiro

Jiro Loyal Member

I'm still just guessing, but it also occurred to me: even if it does have EmuNAND, you might have to trash all your Mii data in order to install the exploit. You can't back it up anywhere because you need to use the exploit to back things up, and at this point you don't have the exploit yet. Once you install the exploit and get EmuNAND you can create new Mii data, but the old Mii data is permanently gone. If this affects software like Streetpass Mii Plaza that uses Miis, people could really lose data they don't want to lose.

Of course this is true for Cubic Ninja and OOT too, but probably not a lot of people are worried about having to permanently lose their Cubic Ninja save data to run the exploit. (And OOT requires a dongle or another Gateway, and if you have those you can also back up the old save first.)