hit tracker

Working SNES Emulator!! Signed only for Geohot CFW

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by jay123_2, Jan 9, 2011.

1. 216
    jay123_2

jay123_2 Loyal Member

SNES EMULATOR IS AN EMULATOR FOR THE SUPER NINTENDO CONSOLE IF YOU'RE WONDERING

To Install the .pkg, drag the file onto a USB and install onto the system
    --> INSTALL PACKAGE FILES.

RECOMENDED TO PLAY OFFLINE.

Working SNES EMULATOR FOR PS3, 3.55.

Comfirmed working.

Download roms, place on usb (IN THE ROOT) .. extract first, and run SNESX9 from ps3,

When loaded, pick

DEV_USB000
    Then load your rom,

AND ENJOY!

P.S. For NOOBS its only a Super Nintendo Emulator

2. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I was running KaKaRoTo's, then I went to the official build then I tried to install GeoHot's... It looks like it installed correctly but nothing changed. So I went back to KaKaRoTo's lol

3. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

Worked for me.. I am just trying to find how in the world I get into the emulator settings..can't find a guide about the buttons to enter settings, I guess is a combination of L3 /R3 and L2/R2 thingy... so far I found save data and load ..state etcetc..

4. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I got it working too, what worked for me was to go to the official firmware, then use the system restore setting from the recovery console then installing Geohot's from the XMB.

Its an early build emulator, so give it a few months and you will get a pretty interface with more settings and stuff. (If the coders want to do this that is.) The settings menu you get to before loading the game. There is not too many settings to change though.

5. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

I had 3.55 official firmware already, so quick and dirty I punched Geohot patch into it, tooks some beeps to restart and Done..
    BTW, I foudn the settings for the emulator ( R3 + L3 , funny how i couldn't find any page on the web talking about this emulator ...), they are pretty neat and the emulator is pretty solid, no problems at all. For an early build it works pretty decent, shaders are working fine, ( though I stick with classic HQ2x or something like that..)
    I also installed the VBA that is pretty much the same , with a weid overscan issue, but able to fix it. Hope to see some "explorer " kind of Homebrew soon, to organize folders and data.. specially when Ps2 and Psone emualtors show up..

Ohh.. I hope someone port a Wii emulator, so I can have some use to my shitty Move ;););)

6. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

LOL about the Move, I hope they do a Wii Emulator too but I hope they make it compatible with the actual Wiimotes since the PS3 has Bluetooth and thats what the Wii uses for them. (I wouldn't hold my breath for a Wii emulator but now that the hardware is totally open its at least possible now.)

I think the only game I have found that I couldn't run so far is Yoshie's Island (or Super Mario World 2 depending on where you live.) I would say "Oh thats just because Super FX chip games are not emulated yet" but StarFox and a few other Super FX games worked fine. Maybe its related to the Super FX 2 chip? but I think it was just a Mhz bump over the original so it should work?

7. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

I don't think you could connect wiimote to Ps3 and have it fully functional, I don't see a way to mimic the bar function without buying extra adapters or hardware.. too much work when you can "maybe" implement the same pointer functions from Move..
    I bet a wii emualtor on ps3 is possible, but a pain in the ass to develop, considering going through the Move SDK to emulate the wii move.. lot of work , unless you are a hardcore developers with a thirst for challenge ...

I didn't test all the snes roms, but yeah, someones will probably present glitches, not work, etc. Now that I am back to OFW ( but keeping my emulators ), I will wait a while until a GREAT new release comes out , so I JB to update and install the new version AND a NEO geo emualtor and quickly swift to OFW so avoiding a HAMMER from Sony :rolleyes:, they are very menopausal these days...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011