hit tracker

XB1 Sales Surpass 5 Million Globally

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 18, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Apr 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  1. 25,366
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Empire Xboner's are falling behind rapidly, with the Rebel PS4 over 2 million in sales in the latest chapter of the Console Wars

Microsoft was happy to announce that their Xbox One next-gen console, is now pass the 5 million mark, and that their new Titanfall game was the #1 selling game in March, helping them to sell more XB1s

[​IMG]

No good news this morning from the front line fighters on the Empire side, as it seems the Rebels are winning in the Console Wars.

Well lets see how the next few months turn out, wild rumors is there just might be price war coming next by the time E3 rolls around, and don't forgot the underdog that launched a year early into this new battleground, they have started to squeeze in on both sides!

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One surpasses 5 million units sold-in worldwide (via) PolyGon

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 18, 2014.

1. 39
      guily666

guily666 Loyal Member

Yeah well... Games like skyrim always had big problems... There's way too many coding relations between things and too much events happening out that can easily bug out.

Far Cry 3, I wouldn't even call it an RPG, it's more just simply an FPS action adventure game on a open world. I follow Far Cry since Far Cry 1 from PC and it was the SUPER GAME OF OC AND PC GAMING TESTS back in 2005. Back then when I played Far Cry for the First time in my P IV, I just really felt like going to swim with my friends (and actually everytime I played Far Cry I had to call my friends to go swim in real life too :) ).

I always wished to have water here as awesome as the water in Far Cry 1 :D

ps: But it still is a very different game than Skyrim. Graphics doesn't even matter, since you can put super huge textures that would lag any PC, but that doesn't complicate any more the coding (effects kinda complicate more, but what make a game complicated is really too many coding relations between objects\things, too many actions running. And skyrim type of games tend to have BIG BUGS, because they have massive coding behind them).
      Keep Cool

2. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      If you wanna see some kick-ass GFX, you should check these 2 games on a real Wii U on a real TV.

Pikmin 3 with mostly photo realistic GFX at 60 fps. Hell, even leaves etc. is smooth animated in this game.
      Mario Kart 8 (60 fps) which comes next month have some serious detailed GFX, effects etc. like a Pixar movie.

PNG, JPEG, Youtube etc. is way too compressed to show original GFX. Pikmin 3 looks like shit in Youtube videoes.

Put the Nintendo hate aside, and check these 2, or especially Pikmin 3.

BTW: I bought Tomb Raider on PS3 last year, and haven't even booted the game. ;) I plan to finally play that game within a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    3. 1,284
      Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      Which isn't the point. The point was addressing the statement of balance. The hardware doesn't care or work differently if it detects it's running a RPG vs a FPS.

To speak of textures and polygons and stuff.

First, as it pertains to Skyrim. Go anywhere in the game, look at the ground and move around. The texture quality quite substandard and heavily repeating. This applies to most of the GFX. Get right up to it and actually analyze it, and everything screams "Hi, we're a crappy quality texture that they are trying to hide!".

Anywho, thing is, it really is just that easy. Want better GFX, use better textures. Now, let me qualify that statement.

I'm not saying this means to replace textures with large high res ones because obviously this creates a performance hit as it uses up memory and bandwidth and bogs the engine down. As seen by Skyrim and GTA 4 running on PC with photo realistic textures running at .5 FPS.

Problem is, in a lot of games, textures in use aren't always even using all the texture allotment. As if they were still using the test/demo textures during development. IE: That 10x10 texture with a stretched 5x5 image in it. The code and engine still see it as 10x10, no gains there. Size maybe? Well, if the texture format is uncompressed, it makes no difference either. And if it is compressed, because of the nature of textures being largely repeating a common element anyways, the difference would be slight and insignificant.

When you're standing there looking at the side of a mountain, and it's got that fuzzy blocky look that you often see in games when texture loading falls behind and you see only a rough place holder till the texture finally pops in, and you wait, and the texture never pops in because that IS the texture. That is a case of people being lazy/cutting corners or someone forgetting to run the "replacebetatextureswithfinal.exe" before sending it off for mass production.

Then there is the issue that "sometimes", you just don't need more polygons, you just need a higher res texture and the load of a higher res texture can be offset by less polys. Admittedly, this isn't the case a lot of the time however.

Complicated relations between objects many actions running are not exclusive to Skyrim. Honestly, I question how much is really going on in Skyrim anyways. All the side quests and fluffing about is limited to the same hand full of things repeated in slightly different ways, just as they are in all RPG's. Might as well play Fable 2 because at least in that you can have a 20 person gang bang instead of having to deal with lazy Housecarls that can kill a giant, but need me to kill the 3 rats in the basement.

I like a good RPG as much as the next guy, but I'm sorry, Skyrim was over rated to me on nearly every level. Not that it's a bad game, but for how the fanboys speak of it, you'd expect it to be a perfect gem encrusted with gold and more perfect gems forged by the hand of God. When it is actually just another typical RPG that isn't very far removed from others like Fallout 3 or Oblivion or Fable or Risen. To paraphrase Zero Punctuation; the only thing special about it is how far up it's own ass it is.

4. 39
      guily666

guily666 Loyal Member

Well I liked Skyrim and I don't really like 98% of all the others RPG out there (I tried Fallout, 10 min later I uninstalled, Risen is totally broken, Fable is too anime and kiddy for my taste and Oblivion I got bored in a day and uninstalled it).

So far I liked Skyrim, Two Worlds II (probably my fav RPG), Deus EX and maybe one ot two more that I can't even remember.
      Keep Cool