hit tracker

Xbox HD Upgrade...HELP...HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by retro.is.me, Jul 26, 2014.

1. 1
    retro.is.me

retro.is.me Loyal Member

Ok let me take this opportunity to let everyone know that yes, I am a noob to the world of MODDING. However I do know a lil bit about a little bit. I successfully softmodded my original Xbox after bricking a couple. DONT ASK. Ok so after a month or so of playing and adding numerous emulators I've decided that I need a much bigger HD to store everything I'd like to put on there. I purchased a "500GB WD5000AAKX" SATA HD online assuming it was a PATA. After receiving the HD and knowing that I had screwed up I read where you can use a IDE 2 SATA adapter. So I get
    one of those and give it a whirl using xboxhdm. After numerous attempts I kept getting a message "Primary Drive Frozen go to bios and
    change the setting". Afterwards doing some more research led me to someone who had the same problem and who said "don't bother trying to
    change the setting in the bios because there is no such option. Well yesterday I try a different HD "WD 60gb". The model # was scratched off or I would add it. Upon trying this different HD everything starts working like a charm. Rebuilding C: Rebuilding E:, Formatting F: , well when all was said and done I attempted to lock the HD. I got a message telling me that the "eeProm" was not found on the CDROM. Well I know Damn well I had copied it before I made the ISO so I rebooted and started the "xbrowser". Upon looking in the "eeProm" folder I could plainly see the bin file staring me in the face. Hell I even put the bin file in more than one spot just to make sure I had it in the exact one. Does anyone know what the HELL is going on? I can't tell you how tired I am of breaking shit. I don't have much patience when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm desperate!!! Please HELP!!! :-( :-( :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014