hit tracker

Xbox Head Talks About Xbox One Cross-Play With PS4

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 28, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Aug 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM
  1. 25,503
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Very Soon the Xbots and Ponies might be finally playing with each other, if Sony decides to approve it!

The Xbox One now supports cross-play which means that gamers on Windows 10 can play games against those on the Xbox One. Microsoft has signalled its willingness to make this happen between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well but that depends on whether or not Sony is up for it.

[​IMG]

It seems that Microsoft is basically all for it when the day comes to allow Xbox Live and PSN to work together in matching up players from both networks on online multiplayer games, but right now the ball is basically in Sony's court to give the final 'Yeah, Its A-Ok Idea, Let's Go Ahead with it!', so the pressure from users and developers also will for sure be mounting on Sony to finally make up their mind about it.

So there you go, Cross-Play might be coming, and recently one of my own insiders has confirmed to me privately that it is really occurring behind closed doors, that Sony and Microsoft engineers are hard at work in making it occur, and some think that will be one of key announcements at the next big PlayStation only Press Event that is happening very soon on September 7th, so lets all hope so!

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox Head Talks About Xbox One Cross-Play With PS4 (via) UberGizmo

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    billysastard likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 28, 2016.

1. 365
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

i cant see any sense in this feature.

Why would you want to play a PC game on a XB1 at a lower resolution?

Why would you want to play a PS4 on a XBX1, when both consoles have to be turned on, i see no need, why not just play PS4 on the PS4 and XBX1 on the XBX1 and the PC on the PC.

I agree with remote play as such, from console to PC so that the TV is free for others to watch their crap, but i dont see any sense in a console to another console.

2. 25,503
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @DW360 its not playing xb1 on ps4, its networking of online users, like looking for online matches to join into in call of duty, instead of just seeing fellow online xbox buddies you would also see online ps4 users, greatly expanding the amount of matches you can select from.

3. 365
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

ahh, well i guess that would be possible or should i say is didnt ea do this with origin?

4. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      will be interesting to see if either company has the gall to dare trying to charge for it as a premium service?

5. 365
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

it would be a good idea if say COD users can all play online, if your a PS4 gamer but your mates are XBX1.

but that probably be easier if both consoles allowed the devs to control and provide their own gaming servers, which then would mean both MS and SONY cant charge you for using their servers to play online.

which is a good thing for gamers, end of the day your paying for a product but forced to pay more to use a feature thats included with the product.

6. 436
      Jock O'Strap

Jock O'Strap Loyal Member

Due to security concerns, they won't agree unless the xb1 transmits the gamer's personal data in plain text.

billysastard and GaryOPA like this.
    7. 25,503
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Might be why Sony raising the price of PSN+ in September.