hit tracker

Xbox One have hardware issues? Get a free game from MS

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 25, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Nov 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  1. 25,371
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Users With Malfunctioning Xbox Ones Compensated With Free Game

Select from Ryse, Zoo Tycoon, Forza 5, or Dead Rising 3.

[​IMG]

Microsoft is offering a free first-party game to some Xbox One users affected by hardware problems. Microsoft said in a statement, "While a replacement console is on its way, we want to ensure our advance exchange customers can stay in the game. We will provide each of them with a free digital download of one of the launch titles published by Microsoft Studios."

A digital copy of the selectable games -- you'd receive one copy of Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon -- will still play on a machine with a malfunctioning disc drive, of course. In addition, Microsoft is replacing hardware at a faster rate than usual with its advance exchange program; Microsoft is sending replacement units before users mail out their faulty machines for repair.

If you're having troubles with your Xbox One, consult the Xbox One Problems wiki page, or call 1-800-4-MYXBOX for support.

NEWS SOURCE: Users with malfunctioning Xbox One's compensated with FREE game (via) IGN

Our thanks to 'steveo1978' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 25, 2013.

1. 25,371
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      So a gaming site can only post trailers then and nice fancy PR's from companies claiming their game is best, super-duper, sells the most.

How is that a gaming site, 90% of people don't even post on trailers or PR's as they are rarely the truth, PR's are written to always make it look like the game or console is doing great, even if it is not, and trailers are so faked now to make the game look better then it is.

Gaming site should post everything, and let the reader make up his/her mind about it, I would hope a gaming site informs the reader about issues, like blu-ray drives failing or system overheating, maybe then they can be better informed before they purchase a $400 dollar machine, or the fact a game is only 720p instead of trailer claiming they are showing gameplay in 1080p when it just pre-rendered studio recording, not real at all. -- Or videos showing the snap feature on XB1 working perfectly, when in fact it is not, and Europe is having issues, and those in usa are see lag.

So in your world, everything is perfect and nothing bad happens, so you would not pick up a newspaper and read it that is talking about the latest serial killer stalking homes in your area, or car bombing down the street, you would want to see news of cat saved from tree, or man saved from drowning, or had just amazing day walking alone in park at night and not a serial killer or rapist around as they don't exist in your world, neither does bombs, so you can safely get on cheapest airplane run by the worst company as it will not fail either, and go into the most war-torn country and slip on your 90% moonshine, as nothing bad can happen, as all news is only good. ???

Oh'well...

JonathanD, Artlover and Battlefield like this.
    2. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Ouch.. Sorry that i hitted spot on Burthurt Microsoft fanboy.

Even 35.GB is too much for Forza 5 on such a small HD.
      I have bought every Forza, Gears of War, Uncharted, God of War, Killzone to date, and that clearly make me a Nintendo fanboy?
      Since when did Nintendo make these games? Please find a link that proves Nintendo made all these.

Its very easy for me to prove i own them all. They are on my PS3 and Xbox 360 profiles.

My sig is made for only one person here, and is not my opinion. Your best friend here is the one my sig is dedicated to.
      If it wasn't for him, i would never made this sig.

Last time i was a fanboy was in the 90's. I was Commodore/Amiga fanboy, and yet i owned the newest gaming PC's at the same time.

BTW: If you really read my Sig, you would know that i'm not a fanboy.
      It also proves that i can AFFORD to NOT be a fanboy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    3. 388
      Darkest_RaVeN

Darkest_RaVeN Loyal Member

IT Infrastructure professional
      As I've said before, if you don't like it here, you're free to **** off elsewhere.

Battlefield likes this.
    4. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Only fanboys would deny all the negative things lately on the newest consoles, and it doesen't help much that all launch games won't be remembered. If you think, there isn't much positive in any way yet. This is why news sites is posting the news available.
      If there was no negative news, there wouldn't be much to say about PS4 and Xbone right now.

Fanboys of all people should know that there no is instant classic released on any of the consoles, and not even in the near future.

Sadly, the only game which got very good reviews is a free Indie game. "Resogun" is the only to get top reviews, and doesen't even cost money.

I will tell you a secret. Resogun and Contrast is already on PSN for free now, and i just grabbed both.

5. 33
      miller420

miller420 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Well if you're not a fanboy you sure a hell act as one. And no, I am not an Xbox fanboy either. Yes I own 4 360s (a Original, Jtag. RGH, and RGH2) 2 PS3s Orig and CFW, Gaming PC (although slowly getting outdated), a Wii, Wii U. Oh And an Xbox One and soon a PS4, so as you say "I can afford to not be a fanboy".

The reason the games have gone from ~10GB on 360 to ~35GB on Xbox One is because of higher quality textures and Lossless audio. 360 games had shitty Dolby audio which is a Lossy audio codec. Xbox One with >500GB of storage is small for the size of the games but i would rather have higher textures and Lossless audio (which is really nice on the Xbox One with my HTS), and its a hell of a lot more storage than i got on my Wii U.

6. 33
      miller420

miller420 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I don't go by reviews to tell me whats going to be an instant classic. All the negatives about Xbox One and PS4 are so over exaggerated on this site its not even funny. By people who I might add, don't know **** all about technology and don't even own the console in question. This is my gripe with this place. Your the one who got all offended when I said this site was full of fanboys.

7. 33
      miller420

miller420 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      That's not what I'm saying at all you should post about the negatives, but you do so in a biased manner.

8. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Yes, i agree that i sound like a fanboy now and then and i will tell you why. When a certain dude is not here, i stop posting "fanboys stuff".
      As you know, most people don't respect the only dinosaur left in the gaming industry called Nintendo. The company that restarted the gaming industry which Atari among others crashed totally. Without Nintendo, the gaming industry would not be as it is today.
      Also, Nintendo get gets shitstorm every week worldwide, even on Nintendo only sites. I'm not afraid to defend the company responsible for today's industry because of that. Thanks to Super Mario 3D World, there is positive news while it lasts.

Lossless audio sucks lots of space in games, and probably many GB. Still, it sounds very large compared to Forza 4.
      As you say, 360 always had shitty sound and never supported anything else than compressed DD unlike PS3 which also supported DTS and PCM. PS3 overrides to Dolby Digital in DTS games unless you disable DD before booting a DTS game.

As for Storage, i have 384.GB on my Wii U. If its filled in the future, you can move all content to a 2.TB on the same console with no hassle at all.

Anyways.. I don't have any favourite console as i randomly play on Wii U, PS3, 360 and VITA.

My 3 favourite consoles ever is dead. CD32, CDTV and Dreamcast. None of them is by Nintendo.
      I wish Commodore existed today, because they knew how to make consoles.

The people makes a game a classic.

The usual posters here is actually not fanboys. Nearly every poster here owns all consoles, but some defends Nintendo since they gets much more shit than PS4 and Xbone does. If you think Sony and MS gets load of crap, then you should look at any news site about Nintendo. That makes the PS4 and Xbone news sound positive.

The people here is older people which experienced gaming since 1970 and 1980's, and watched the whole industry evolve.
      This is why we have different opinions on whats good or not.

This is why i don't care much for other news pages, because its mostly 14 year olds having a console wars in the comments.
      It says alot when some of them claims Call of Duty is a soldier simulator? LOL. Kids. Need i say more?

9. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      thats the attitude fanboys have, if you dont like it FECK OFF, erm if GAMERS did that then this site would die faster than it is already.

10. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      now read what you just said and now look at when its nintendo related, dude even check my sig.

tell me how one isnt a fanboy when all we find is the same people slating the same systems, then refuse to accept anything different, which you then find me quoting.

end of the day, these systems will do more than the wii u in the years to come.

11. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Moved to previous post.

miller420: Read reply on page 3, my previous post.

12. 33
      miller420

miller420 Loyal Member

Home Page:

I don't know what you're arguing about anymore. You were bitching about the size of the Xbox One's HDD and game sizes. I could care less how old you are or how many consoles you've owned. The community sucks here and is full of fanboys, I don't know how you can say otherwise.

13. 388
      Darkest_RaVeN

Darkest_RaVeN Loyal Member

IT Infrastructure professional
      That's the right of anyone in a free country. Don't like a movie? Walk out. Don't like a book? Stop reading it. Don't like a website? Don't go to it. The gamers are right here as Battlefield already said. The older, more mature gamer that doesn't think the world revolves around COD and FIFA. If you don't like it here, go to a site full of other retards with the same simple mind as you where you'll fit in better.

Battlefield and Artlover like this.
    14. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Yes, i'm as big fanboy as you are. Satisfied?

Go to the places where the fanboys is then, so you can argue. I don't like pointless fanboy discussions with no end.

Its easy to find the people which thinks Call of Duty is a war simulator, so you will quickly know when you are on the right place for you.

15. 219
      steveo1978

steveo1978 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.360crunch.net
      Actually if you had read what I posted I stated that sizes could be smaller and I was also basing the stated size off of a person downloading the game while they waited for the replacement console and then again when they received the replacement so therefor Forza 5 would be 62GB. My stated size missed by 8GB.

As for this site being anti-sony or anti-microsoft and pro-nintendo I seem to have a co-admin tag beside my name and if anything I am pro-microsoft so your statements are false. Since you seem to hate MaxConsole so much you can logout, delete your bookmark, and have a nice day, because with your attitude you want be here much longer any way.

Artlover and Battlefield like this.
    16. 437
      Cloudkill

Cloudkill Loyal Member

ITC techy
      Well tomorrow I'm going to ask if I can get a free game as I picked up my Day one edition today and the kinect worked for exactly 15mins and I've made several failed attempts to get it working, so I don't want to send the console in I just want to send the Kinect so tomorrow we will see how this goes.

JonathanD likes this.
    17. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

I'll try to get this fuck1ng derailed topic back on point. It's a nice gesture to offer a free game. Beats a month of Live.

Digital version makes sense since it is a customer complaint about a faulty BR drive. I'd demand a credit card too if I was MS. There has to be some type of fail safe in place to avoid dishonesty.

@Cloudkill: Good luck with trying to get that free game. You should get some type of compensation even if it's not the BR drive. Downtime is downtime on a faulty console.

JonathanD likes this.
    18. 437
      Cloudkill

Cloudkill Loyal Member

ITC techy
      I will let you know how I get on, something is something, thanks for getting this back on topic I did try and do that subtly by ignoring the nonsense above me lol.

JonathanD likes this.
    19. 20
      djxxx

djxxx Loyal Member

I spoke to Microsoft last night and asked them if I was entitled to a free game.. My console didn't even get past the green screen and he said I wasn't entitled to a free game.. Only people with hardware problems like disc drive problems.. I said I have hardware problems the whole console don't work.. I told him I'll go to the press and state the proper facts and Microsoft spreading bullshit and lies...does anyone have a U.K address for Microsoft?

JonathanD likes this.
    20. 1,285
      Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      Well, Googling "Microsoft UK address" results in: Microsoft Worldwide Sites

It also resulted in: Microsoft UK Offices
      Which gives you address/phone info for all 5 locations (Reading, London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cambridge).

JonathanD likes this.