hit tracker

Xbox One users largely ignore Backward-Compatible Xbox 360 Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 6, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Jun 6, 2017 at 9:38 PM
  1. 25,401
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Aggregate sample shows newer console buyers don't want to play older games much.

Sony's Jim Ryan recently said that "when we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much."
    [​IMG]
    And after that statement above by Jim Ryan, Ars Technica decided to do an in-depth analysis of Xbox Live user data and it basically shows that sentiment is definitely true, at least when it comes to Microsoft's competing consoles.
    So what do you think about this whole 'backwards-compatible' debate, do you agree with Sony that its just not worth it, or do you agree with Microsoft's way that even tho it may not be very well used, its nice to still have it there for when the mood hits you! :)

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One users largely ignore backward-compatible Xbox 360 games (via) ArsTechnica

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 6, 2017.

1. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Proof again that 1000 people shouting online doesen't mean much for actual "demand".

2. 647
      LordX

LordX Loyal Member

most users upgrade from xbox 360 to xbox one , so they don't give a shit about xbox 360 games anymore , 99% of them.

3. 365
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

the way kids these days play games is like its only cool if its the recent and better system.

i actually like that MS are trying to emulate 360 games to run on the XBX1 and will say FUCK YOU to sony to try make this sound like its a bad thing.

end of the day sony shouldnt be trying to slag the feature off when its been something Sony gamers have been wanting the PS4 to do, but they refuse.

I myself would love to have the ability to play my PS3 games on my PS4 and have its hardware bring better resolution and textures.

but nope, sony wont, sony will waste time making BS estimated pie charts to claim its not needed.

what advantage has sony got to dis a feature another console has, at least they give its customers the option.

4. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      I read on other sites that these numbers is inaccurate, because they don't have full access to LIVE.
      Only official stats matters. Not this.

5. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Maybe they would like to play original Xbox games, instead of 360 games? Crimson Skies, a couple of decent rpgs, Kingdom Under Fire, etc. 360 isn't that far removed yet to garner a bunch of people wanting to replay those titles.

I'd also rather play my old PS1 and PS2 games on my PS4 as my PS3 still works just fine.

6. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Personally, I like having BC, likely wouldn't have got RDR if it didn't have XBONE compatibility.

Only reason my usage may have been low is because I haven't had a chance to play it.

According to Joe Fitzpatrick in a comment on metro games:

More at source:
      http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/07/backw...f-the-time-on-xbox-one-claims-report-6691115/

7. 25,401
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      The big test will be how many signup for the Xbox Game Pass and start playing the games on there, since 90% of them are currently Xbox 360 games, with only a few older Xbox One games that most will own already as originals.

8. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Not necessarily, people may not like paying the money for a subscription service like this, especially if many of the games can be picked up relatively cheap or have been 'given away' as part of XBL or some other promotion e.g. GOW.

The only real test would be actual statistics since I'd be surprised if MS weren't gathering this data.