hit tracker

XMB Integrated File Manager - (Constantly Work-In-Progress / Proof-Of-Concept)

Discussion in 'PS3 Technical Only Topics' started by DeViL303, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 216
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Loyal Member

Sorry its not working enough to be worth releasing to you, at the moment its hanging when it gets to 100% downloaded, I suppose the ps3 doesnt know what to do with a mkv yet, downloading a mkv to internal tempory folder is one thing, getting ps3 to recognise it as a video that needs to be stored with other videos is another days work, and then of course the ps3 cant read mkv files so for now it is useless, it was just an example of the type of mods i would like to see in the new custom firmwares being released. Rebug are the only ones actually adding new features to base firmware other than the ability to pirate new games like the others. Thats why I like XMBM+ , its part of the firmware once its installed, always there, doesnt need to be booted up, just works!

2. 25
    sebastiaan15

sebastiaan15 Loyal Member

i need a little help here
    one thing to do in my mod
    to change the user,video,photo,tv,network all ten icons in xmb
    i tryed explore_plugin_full.rco,xmb_ingame.rco but no change in icons
    i extract a theme take out the right gim file rename it and put it in the rco dir image (overwrite it and compile it again)

please can someone tell me if i have the right file for this
    or do i do something wrong here

3. 28
    hansdamft

hansdamft Loyal Member

this is only doable with icontex.qrc. it holds the images for the categories, excluding psn category, which image is in xmb_plugin_normal.rco. but it changes only the full xmb and not ingame. for ingame you have to change each explore_category rco. take a look at jfw firmware and you will see (just saying, but this file is not that easy to customize)

i think a user called Eustolio was the first one who did this and for reference i would take a look at: http://www.scenespain.net/foro/tutoriales-ps3/tutorial-xmb-custom-cambia-el-color-e-iconos-base-del-xmb/

problem with the icons is, the custom ones must have the same size or a specific one to be accepted (talking about iconsize not filesize)

4. 25
    sebastiaan15

i can do alot ,but this goes over my head to difficult to do

so i need someone that can only change my users icon ,then i will be happy
    so is there someone ho can do this ,please it is the last thing i need (only the users icon)
    there must be some dev that has done that before

5. 35
    MajorPSP156

MajorPSP156 Loyal Member

I know the perfect guy for ya sebastiaan15 ;)

6. 25
    sebastiaan15

he MajorPSP156 you now someone that can do that only the users icon
    tell me please then my xmb mod is almost finiched
    it is for rebug 4.21.1
    if he can insert this png image for the users icon (that normaly look like a house on the left )

click on the image then a other window com's up and the save as (the the background will be transparent,if you save it so then the image will not be transparent)

it my new mascot for the xmb mod installer

7. 25
    sebastiaan15

oke i got a other quistion
    we have this line to download the theme pkg

<Pair key="module_name"><String>webbrowser_plugin</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="module_action"><String>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60710927/XMBMANPLS/THEMEPACKS/XMB_Manager_Plus_v1.00RCA-THEMEPACK-ORIGINAL.pkg</String></Pair>

what i want that it directly installs the pkg from the internal harddrive like the line what i made
    but i dont now what the plugin is for the package manager

<Pair key="module_name"><String>need to now what plugin is for the package manager so it directly installs the pkg</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="module_action"><String>/dev_hdd0/game/XMBMANPLS/USRDIR/THEMEPACKS/XMB_Manager_Plus_v1.00RCA-THEMEPACK-ORIGINAL.pkg</String></Pair>

what i want to now ,what is the package (pkg) plugin
    and is the dev_hdd0 correct

i dont now if this is possible i tryed also the nas_plugin ,but then it does something (see only xmb background) but i think it dont now what to do with something

8. 84
    sandungas

sandungas Loyal Member

Look in path: dev_flash\vsh\resource\explore\user\ :)
    You have 3 "sets" of 9 images each, used for the "default user avatars" (a total of 27 images)
    Can be changed by making one of the "packs" andreus did with other files

[​IMG]

Btw, what hansdamft said is the correct way to replace "main" XMB icons (inside dev_flash\vsh\resource\qgl\icontex.qrc), dont subestimate this method because is the only way to do it
    But sadly there is no tool to manage "QRC" files... the file format is close to "P3T" (themes) but with some differences that generates errors in the extraction/injection, so this modifications in "QRC" files needs to be made "by hand" in a hexeditor (read this explains eustolio wrote in the link)

Edit: for the record...
    QRC files are compressed with zlib... after the decompression you have the format that is close to a theme... by doing some patching manually in the file and changing the file extension you can get a file that is "valid" for some of the tools that manages themes, this way you can extract the contents
    But this extraction is not complete, and some extracted files are corrupt
    I never tryed to "inject" files back with one of this themes tools, because is a nonsense, its obvious half of the extracted files are corrupt, broken, or missing

As a interesting note... the other "QRC" files contains interesting things, like the "video effects for the audio player", or the "12 monthly background images"
    Have fun ;)

9. 25
    sebastiaan15

oke thanks for the info
    and i now this already about the dev_flash\vsh\resource\explore\user\
    i want the users icon changed not the user icon

and thanks for the explanation

10. 25
    sebastiaan15

oke i search for a long time now for the youtube pkg

maybe some of you guys have it , or now where to get it

11. 35
    MajorPSP156

MajorPSP156 Loyal Member

sorry to barg in but you ever gotten my pm yet?

12. 35
    MajorPSP156

MajorPSP156 Loyal Member

bump! does anyone have the xml & rcos to XMB Manager ++ lastest version please? i'm thinking of using this for a very special firmware ;)

13. 10
    LDK

LDK Loyal Member

Question: What need to be change/add/fix before 'this' (XMB Integrated File Manager" goes from Release Candidate (RC) for months now to Release?

14. 35
    MajorPSP156

MajorPSP156 Loyal Member

Do you guys happen to have rcos for this app so i can add them to my 4.31 Kiosk MFW? it can install directly on the XMB menu ;)

15. 3
    Overx

Overx Loyal Member

Not work on CFW 4.31 MiralaTijera

16. 136
    XiorgON

XiorgON Loyal Member

@ALL MEMBERS XMBM+ TEAM

I TEAM !!

Long time no see !

i have a little question the project is it down ? cause for what i can see they have no change on the git for 5 month !

17. 36
    coldlm

coldlm Loyal Member

The cleaner!
    Home Page:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/members/coldlm/
    Link update pls

18. 127
    ps3hen

ps3hen Loyal Member

No it's not down, far from it. In a few weeks you'll see.

19. 734
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

sounds exciting ps3hen, can't wait for what you have in store ;)

20. 127
    ps3hen

ps3hen Loyal Member

Thanks :). That was just me getting excited because just coincidentally I've started working on the project again a week before he made that post. For the first time I have been able to view on my own PS3 the latest XMBM+. What I meant was I was going to clean up version 1, for a proper public release. I've had many ideas I want to add now I can work on it properly. But the few weeks thing, was about the version 1 public release. Don't get you're hopes too high, only I'm working on it now.